Here is how to toast bread without toaster. Even though a good quality bread toaster or sandwich maker can help you quickly and easily make toasted bread in no time, you can also toast bread without toaster on stove top or oven.
If you just want to make a kid friendly and delicious cheese sandwich you can also make a yummy cheese sandwich following this easy cheese sandwich recipe without toaster.
I mostly go for the stove top method if I have only a couple of slices of bread to be toasted.
But if you are making toasted bread for many number of people, or if you have many number of bread slices to be toasted, it is best to go for the oven method to save you time as you can toast multiple bread slices in the oven at the same time.
However to toast few slices of bread for a quick and easy breakfast for one or two, stove top method is more easy. You just need a good quality skillet or pan to do the job.
I personally prefer this cast iron skillet to toast the bread but you may also do this in other cast iron skillets or pans or non stick pans as you wish.
So here is how to toast bread without toaster following the stove top method or oven method.
How To Toast Bread Without Toaster
Stove Top Method
- Heat the cast iron skillet or any pan (non stick or cast iron should be fine), and place the bread slice on the skillet.
- Toast in medium heat for about 1 minute (or even less).
- Flip and toast the other side for about half a minute and the slice should be toasted nicely.
- The heat distribution may vary depending on your stove and the kind of pan or skillet you are using so just keep an eye to make sure the bread is not getting burnt at the bottom. We just need to toast it lightly brown or a little more if you prefer it crunchy.
- Turn on the oven with the broiler setting and preheat the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Place the bread slices in a single layer in a large baking sheet.
- Bake for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the bread slices using a tong, and toast for another 1 minute.
- Transfer the toasted bread slices from the hot oven as soon as they are done, or the bread will turn hard.
Hope you found this post on how to toast bread without toaster helpful!