This simple and delicious instant pot pea soup with egg noodles and fresh or frozen sweet peas (meatless vegetarian recipe) is made so easily in the instant pot in very simple and easy steps.
It is buttery, delicious and an easy to make vegetarian instant pot pea soup with egg noodles (may try with other noodles or pasta as well) which is perfect for an easy vegetarian dinner for the family, as this pea soup with noodles is also kid friendly.
This recipe can be made in 6 quart instant pot LUX & 6 quart instant pot DUO.
Most popular pea soup recipes usually uses split peas however this is an easy version of pea soup using fresh or frozen green peas/sweet peas.
If you are using dried peas, it will need advanced soaking in hours and also the cooking time in this recipe won’t be enough for dried peas mostly.
So make sure to use fresh peas or frozen peas since both work very well in this instant pot pea soup recipe.
I used American style wide egg noodles in this instant pot peas noodle soup.
You may try other kind of noodles or pasta shells which should also work, though there may be slight differences in the texture based on the kind of pasta or noodles you are using.
If you love soup recipes, you can also try this easy and simple instant pot bow tie pasta soup in marinara sauce here and this healthy, delicious and easy instant pot carrot ginger soup here.
So here is how you can make this easy instant pot pea soup using fresh or frozen peas and egg noodles.
Instant pot pea soup with egg noodles recipe below
Instant pot pea soup with egg noodles
- Place the noodles and green peas, and add the broth (or water).
- Sprinkle enough salt, add the garlic powder, onion powder and ginger powder.
- Add the butter also to the pot, close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and press manual, cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done and the pot beeps, wait for a natural pressure release for about 12 minutes. After that, carefully and gradually do a controlled manual pressure release (do not do it quickly as that may cause hot spills).
- Once the pressure is all released, open the lid very carefully.
- Add the olive oil (may also add pepper powder, oregano powder etc for flavor if you wish), stir well and the soup is ready to serve. If you wish to simmer the soup a little more, press the saute button and simmer in normal mode for another 2 to 3 minutes (stir as needed) until the desired consistency is reached (for more liquid like consistency you may add a little bit more water at this point, if needed).
- Stir the contents, serve the soup hot, enjoy!
Hope you found this post on instant pot pea soup with egg noodles helpful in making easy and delicious peas and noodle soup in your instant pot.