This instant pot pasta soup recipe using farfalle pasta shells or bow tie pasta shells will help you to make easy and delicious pasta soup perfect for dinner.
Easy To Make, Simple & Best Instant Pot Pasta Soup Recipe
The recipe is enough to make 3 servings and I do not recommend increasing the portions if you are using a 6 quart instant pot.
I also have this easy instant one pot pasta recipe here where I used penne pasta, where you can also use this kind of bow tie or farfalle pasta or other appropriate kinds of pasta.
I have used bow tie pasta or farfalle pasta in this recipe which is very kid friendly as well, and if you like bow tie pasta, see my simple and basic bow tie pasta recipe without cheese here.
However you may also try this recipe with other similar pasta types as well.
The pasta soup is made with minimal ingredients like onions, marinara sauce and few spices which makes it a simple and easy dinner which is also quite healthy (we use a little butter to add more flavor).
I used small to medium sized pearl onions but you may also use shallots or equal amounts regular onion (you may adjust the amount of onions slightly as you wish).
I made this pasta soup quite thick, you may add little more water or broth once you have finished preparing the soup, if you wish for more liquid like consistency.
You may also totally skip the onions or just use onion powder for flavor if you wish to make it more simple.
More Instant Pot Recipes In This Blog:
- Instant Pot One Pot Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Noodles Recipe
- Instant Pot Tomato Rice Recipe
- Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe Using Condensed Milk
- Instant Pot Coconut Rice Recipe
So here is how you can make this delicious and filling instant pot pasta soup following this simple and easy instant pot pasta soup recipe. You can use a 6 quart instant pot to make this dish with the same amount of ingredients.
Instant Pot Pasta Soup Recipe - How To Make Pasta Soup In Instant Pot
- 6 oz Pasta I used bow tie (farfalle pasta shells)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt adjust as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 4 pearl onions or use 1/2 cup of chopped regular onion
- Peel and chop the onions thinly, keep aside.
- Set the 6 quart instant pot ( I am not sure if you can make this in 3 quarts) in saute function, adjust to low and wait for the instant pot to start the sauteing function, when its ready it shows 'Hot'.
- When the instant pot shows 'hot', add the oil and chopped onions, saute for about 2 to 3 minutes, as we only need to saute the onions very lightly.
- Add the pasta shells and saute for another 1 more minute.
- Add the water and enough salt, stir everything well and press the 'keep warm' button to stop the sauteing.
- Close the pressure cooker with lid with valve in sealing position, press on manual and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. You will have to wait for few minutes for the instant pot to start the functionality, as it takes few minutes to build the pressure. At this point, the display will show 'On' and once the pressure cooker functionality starts to work, you can see the minutes displayed.
- After 3 minutes of cooking, press the 'keep warm' button and wait for the pressure to release naturally which will take another 10 to 12 minutes until the vent has gone down from the floating position.
- Once the pressure is completely released naturally, and the vent has gone down (make sure to wait until this point for safety reasons), slowly open the pot.
- Stir the contents very well and add the marinara sauce to the cooked pasta, mix again. In case if you want more liquid for the soup, you can add little more water to the pot at this point.
- Stir all the contents very well and add garlic powder and black pepper powder, mix very well again.
- Finally add the butter and wait for the butter to melt down. Once the butter is melted, stir the contents very well again so the butter is mixed with the soup.
- The delicious pasta soup made in instant pot is ready to be served, enjoy the pasta soup hot or warm!
Hope you found this post on instant pot pasta soup recipe helpful in making easy and delicious pasta soup using instant pot.
Last Updated on