Instant pot buttered noodles recipe using egg noodles, garlic and butter is so delicious, quick and easy to prepare using the instant pot.
The total time now updated in the recipe to include the time for the instant pot to come to pressure and also the time needed for a pressure release.
I do not recommend quick release for pasta for safety reasons and to avoid any hot liquid mess.
The noodles is on the softer side with a creamy, saucy texture as we do a natural pressure release method for this recipe, for about 12 minutes.
This is not a quick method of making the buttered noodles since the instant pot takes some time to come into pressure and also it takes some time for the time needed for natural pressure release before you do the manual pressure relase.
However why I love making pasta and noodles in the instant pot is because once you add the ingredients, it does its job without you being there so its really easy that way since we don’t have to babysit the pot and so the work is much lesser.
Recipe Updates: I am updating the recipe to remove the cheese from the ingredient list, because some pre shredded cheese comes with starch like potato starch, corn starch or other chemicals which may cause the noodles to clump together.
Also I have tried this with different egg noodles and many of those comes in 12 oz packages, so updating the recipe accordingly which should work for most of the egg noodles (not the spaghetti noodles).
If any brand of egg noodles doesn’t work with this method, please let me know in the comment section so I will try that out if possible.
From my experience, spaghetti noodles need more water to cook and they do not get cooked fast unlike the egg noodles. So I always use more water to cook the spaghetti noodles which turns out perfect every time. To see how to cook spaghetti noodles in the IP, see this easy instant pot spaghetti noodles recipe here.
This instant pot noodles is prepared using Amish style narrow egg noodles and it is delicious!
Just like we can make one pot pasta in instant pot (recipe here), we can also make instant pot noodles in instant pot without needing to boil the noodles or draining the water.
This is a very simple and easy kid friendly noodles recipe too, and the recipe is flexible in terms of flavor and you may add more suitable spices and flavors to this dish, as you like. And this is my 400th blog post in this blog as well!!
This is a creamy instant pot buttered noodles recipe with creamy texture coming from the butter and more flavor from the garlic powder that we use.
You may also add additional ingredients like black pepper powder, oregano powder etc if you like.
If you like to add black pepper powder, you can just sprinkle it on the prepared buttered noodles and enjoy!
I initially used the Amish style narrow home style egg noodles (which had a cooking time of 12 to 20 minutes on stove top according to the directions in the package for stove top cooking, but its cooked faster in the instant pot!) for this instant pot buttered noodles recipe.
I have tried this with other kind of egg noodles like the wide egg noodles and so adjusting the cooking time accordingly which should work for most of the egg noodles (they cook really faster!).
So here is how you can prepare this delicious and easy buttered egg noodles following this simple and easy instant pot buttered noodles recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Buttered Egg Noodles Recipe Below
Instant Pot Buttered Noodles Recipe, How To Make Egg Noodles In Instant Pot
- 12 oz egg noodles (not spaghetti noodles)
- 4 cups water
- salt as needed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add one cup of water first so there will be water at the bottom of the pot (helps to prevent burning at the bottom of the pot). Then place the noodles, sprinkle enough salt and place 4 tablespoons of butter on top.
- Add the remaining water by pouring the remaining water through top of the noodles to prevent the top layer noodles from drying. Also sprinkle the garlic powder and onion powder.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position, press manual and pressure cook in high for 1 minute. (egg noodles cook really fast and one minute works for most kind of noodles, though this won't work for regular spaghetti noodles). if you want a softer texture, you can cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done (which will be done once enough pressure is built up inside the pot), the pot will beep and you can press the 'keep warm' button. Wait for the instant pot to naturally release the pressure for about 12 minutes. Carefully and gradually do a controlled manual release by turning the lid to venting position gradually and slowly after about 12 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid. Gently stir so the top layer of noodles will get mixed up with the rest of the noodles. Add the olive oil and also the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, press the saute function and simmer in medium for about 1 more minute and now the delicious and easy buttered noodles is ready. Press the 'keep warm/cancel' button to stop simmering and transfer the inner pot (carefully) so the noodles won't get cooked further (keep it open until the steam goes off).
- Stir the cooked noodles gently while its still warm. Keep the noodles closed in the pot for few more minutes which will help absorb any extra liquids and also the texture will be better if you allow it to cool down for few minutes. Enjoy the simple, warm and delicious buttered noodles with garlic for lunch or dinner!
More Pictures From The Preparation Of Instant Pot Buttered Noodles
Hope you found this post on easy instant pot buttered egg noodles recipe helpful in making quick, easy and delicious instant pot buttered egg noodles!