Instant pot buttered egg noodles recipe or instant pot garlic butter pasta noodles using egg noodles, garlic and butter is so delicious, quick and easy to prepare using the instant pot.
How long do you cook egg noodles in the instant pot?
I cooked the egg noodles for only 1 minute time in the instant pot along with a natural pressure release time of 12 minutes.
The total time in the recipe to includes the time for the instant pot to come to pressure and also the time needed for a pressure release.
I do not recommend quick release for pasta for safety reasons and to avoid any hot liquid mess.
The noodles is on the softer side with a creamy, saucy texture as we do a natural pressure release method for this recipe, for about 12 minutes.
This is not a quick method of making the buttered noodles since the instant pot takes some time to come into pressure and also it takes some time for the time needed for natural pressure release before you do the manual pressure release.
However why I love making pasta and noodles in the instant pot is because once you add the ingredients, it does its job without you being there so its really easy that way since we don’t have to babysit the pot and so the work is much lesser.
I tried this with Amish narrow noodles as well as wide egg noodles.
From my experience, spaghetti noodles need more water to cook and they do not get cooked fast unlike the egg noodles.
So I always use more water to cook the spaghetti noodles which turns out perfect every time. To see how to cook spaghetti noodles in the IP, see this easy instant pot spaghetti noodles recipe here.
This instant pot noodles as you see in above picture is prepared using Amish style narrow egg noodles and it is delicious!
Just like we can make one pot pasta in instant pot (recipe here), we can also make instant pot noodles in instant pot without needing to boil the noodles or draining the water.
This is a very simple and easy kid friendly noodles recipe too, and the recipe is flexible in terms of flavor and you may add more suitable spices and flavors to this dish, as you like. And this is my 400th blog post in this blog as well!!
This is a creamy instant pot buttered noodles recipe with creamy texture coming from the butter and more flavor from the sauteed onions and garlic powder that we use.
If you like to additional black pepper powder or dried oregano powder (than recommended in the recipe), you can just sprinkle it on the prepared buttered noodles and enjoy!
I initially used the Amish style narrow home style egg noodles (which had a cooking time of 12 to 20 minutes on stove top according to the directions in the package for stove top cooking, but its cooked faster in the instant pot!) for this instant pot buttered noodles recipe.
I have tried this with other kind of egg noodles like the wide egg noodles and so adjusting the cooking time accordingly which should work for most of the egg noodles (they cook really faster!).
How Do You Make The Buttered Egg Noodles Taste Better?
Plain buttered egg noodles is awesome because its easy to prepare and delicious on its own and its kid friendly as well. However, you can always make egg noodles or any buttered noodles taste even better by simply adding flavors of your choice.
I have used onions in this recipe along with garlic powder, oregano powder, black pepper powder etc for more flavor. You can even sprinkle more spices like red chili flakes if you like it spicy.
Most of the time, we go for buttered noodles as a side or when we are in a hurry, so if you do not have time to chop onions feel free to use onion powder instead which will also add more flavor.
More Pictures From The Preparation Of Instant Pot Buttered Noodles
So here is how you can prepare this delicious and easy buttered egg noodles following this simple and easy instant pot buttered noodles recipe.
Instant Pot Buttered Noodles
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- salt as needed
- 1 medium sized onion peeled and chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in the instant pot (using the saute button), add the finely chopped onions, mix well and saute for 2 to 3 minutes (stir in between) or slightly more if you wish.
- Press the 'keep warm/cancel' button to stop the saute function, stir the sauteed onions well (make sure its not burnt or sticking at the bottom of the pot) and add the egg noodles to the instant pot.
- Add the salt and garlic powder (sprinkle across the noodles).
- Add the water by pouring the water through top of the noodles (which helps to prevent the top layer noodles from drying). Place the remaining two tablespoons of butter on top (preferably sliced into cubes).
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position, press manual and pressure cook in high for 1 minute. (egg noodles cook really fast and one minute works for most kind of noodles, but regular spaghetti noodles will probably need more time to cook. Also if you are using spaghetti noodles, you will need to break the noodles prior to adding to the instant pot).
- Once the cooking is done (which will be done once enough pressure is built up inside the pot), wait for a natural pressure release for about 12 minutes. Carefully and gradually do a controlled manual release by turning the lid to venting position gradually and slowly after about 12 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid. Add the olive oil (if you wish you may add little more butter also at this point) and gently stir the noodles so the top layer of noodles will get mixed up with the rest of the noodles.
- Press the saute function and simmer in medium for few more seconds (even if the top layer of noodles look a little dry when you open the pot, this step will totally solve it) and now the delicious and easy buttered noodles is ready. Press the 'keep warm/cancel' button to stop simmering and transfer the inner pot (carefully) so the noodles won't get cooked further.
- Sprinkle the oregano powder and black pepper powder and stir the cooked noodles gently while its still warm. Keep the noodles closed in the pot for few more minutes which will help absorb any extra liquids and also the texture will be better if you allow it to cool down for few minutes. You may also add some shredded cheese ( I recommend Mexican blend or sharp cheddar) if you like. Gently mix before serving, enjoy the simple, warm and delicious buttered noodles with garlic for lunch or dinner!
Hope you found this post on easy instant pot buttered egg noodles recipe helpful in making quick, easy and delicious instant pot buttered egg noodles!
Last Updated on