Creamy instant pot rice pudding recipe using white basmati rice and sweetened condensed milk (you can use milkmaid or any sweetened condensed milk) is the one of the most easy eggless instant pot desserts you can make. This is a super easy, delicious, quick cinnamon flavored rice pudding without eggs, which can be prepared so easily in the instant pot using just 4 ingredients other than water, one of the ingredients being cinnamon powder.
I recommend using long grain white rice like basmati rice but you may try other white rice as well. In fact, rice pudding is a very popular dessert in many parts of the world, and this type of cinnamon flavored rice pudding recipe is also known as arroz con leche recipe, which is a Mexican dessert as well.
This recipe is very simple to follow and you can add a pinch of cinnamon powder or vanilla essence to make it a classic cinnamon flavored or vanilla flavored white rice pudding or you can add cashew nuts, saffron and a pinch of cardamom powder to make it an Indian style rich kheer (payasam).
You just mix add the contents in the instant pot, set it for cooking and once its done and the pressure is released naturally, you can just give a stir with the condensed milk and the delicious, creamy and rich rice pudding is ready!
This instant pot rice pudding recipe is so easy and simple and I only used minimal ingredients to prepare the rice pudding and it turned out very delicious.
In fact the rice pudding was more creamy and rich than we make using any traditional methods.
If you are a beginner with using instant pot, make sure to read all the manual and notes that comes with the instant for safety while cooking with the pot.
Both the above mentioned 6 quart instant pots have the ‘Porridge’ setting, which is what we use for making this rice pudding.
The rice pudding I made was very sweet, creamy and delicious, you may reduce the sweetened slightly if you wish, by adding a little more chilled milk (about 1/2 cup of extra milk) once you have prepared the rice pudding or you may reduce the amount of sweetened condensed milk and replace with little more whole milk if you wish.
Make sure to use the exact amount of liquid to cook the rice in the instant pot for the same results, although you may slightly increase the amount of liquid in case you want to thin it out further.
If you reduce the amount of liquid, there is a high chance of the pudding burning at the bottom, so make sure not to reduce the amount of liquid to cook the rice as mentioned in the recipe.
How To Make Instant Pot Rice Pudding
Ingredients For Instant Pot Rice Pudding
1/2 cup white rice (I used basmati rice)
1/2 cup water
2.5 cups whole milk
14 oz sweetened condensed milk may adjust the amount slightly according to preference
Steps To Follow (The Process)
Rinse the rice and add it to the instant pot.
Add the milk and water also to the pot, and stir the contents very well.
Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and press the porridge mode of instant pot, and cook for 20 minutes.
Once the cooking is done, wait for a natural pressure release of ten minutes and then do a careful and gradual controlled manual pressure release.
Once the pressure is all released, open the instant pot very carefully and stir the contents.
Also add the condensed milk and cinnamon powder, mix well and serve the delicious and creamy rice pudding warm or chilled as you prefer!
More Rice Dessert Recipes:
Below you can read the instant pot rice pudding recipe in detail.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding With Sweetened Condensed Milk (Video)
- instant pot
- 1/2 cup white rice (I used basmati rice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2.5 cups whole milk
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk may adjust the amount slightly according to preference
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Wash the white basmati rice and transfer it to the pot.
- Add water and milk also to the pot, stir the contents very well.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position.
- Press the porridge mode of instant pot, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, wait for a natural pressure release of about 10 minutes and after that, you can do a careful and gradual controlled manual pressure release.
- Once the pressure is all released, open the instant pot very carefully and stir the contents.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the pot and stir the contents again very well. Add the cinnamon powder too to the rice pudding, and stir in to blend with the pudding. Serve the delicious and creamy rice pudding warm or chilled as you prefer!