Semolina yogurt cake is super moist, soft, delicious and rich and most importantly, it is so easy to make it.
This extra moist, eggless semolina yogurt cake popular in India is also known as rava cake or sooji cake as semolina flour is also known as sooji flour.
What Is A Semolina Cake?
If you wonder what on earth is a semolina cake, they are nothing but super delicious but simple cakes made using semolina flour. The flour used is slightly course semolina flour and this is very different from the regular all purpose flour used for baking cakes. As a result, the texture of the cake is unique and it is very soft and moist.
Semolina cakes are known for their soft melt in mouth texture which is because of the semolina flour that we use to make the cake.
The addition of yogurt makes the cake even more soft in texture, fluffy and delicious!
It is really easy to make a semolina cake and unlike the cakes made using all purpose flour or regular wheat flour, baking a semolina cake will almost never fail so it is an easy cake recipe for beginners to try as well.
Is This Semolina Cake Gluten Free?
No, semolina cake is not gluten free since semolina flour is kind of wheat flour itself though the texture is quite different.
Can You Make This Semolina Cake Vegan?
Yogurt and milk are necessary ingredients in this semolina cake but if you are vegan or if you have dairy allergy, you may try any vegan yogurt in place of regular yogurt and also try to replace the milk with coconut milk or cashew milk though the flavors can differ. You can replace the butter with oil (I suggest a neutral flavored oil like canola oil).
I haven’t tried it with vegan replacements so I can’t say how it will turn out. But I really think it will work if you replace the ingredients carefully!
Variations For Semolina Yogurt Cake
I have this most delicious and easy mango semolina flour cake here which is so colorful, delicious, moist and easy to make using mango pulp or fresh mangoes. So if you have mangoes or mango pulp at home, do try that too!
This semolina yogurt cake is a great option if you are looking something sweet to bake easily with minimum efforts and if you have got mangoes at home.
So here is how you can make this easy and delicious semolina yogurt cake following this simple and easy recipe.
Easy Eggless Semolina Yogurt Cake Recipe Below
Semolina Yogurt Cake Recipe, How To Make Eggless Semolina Yogurt Cake
- 1.5 cups semolina flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ghee or butter
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup sugar adjust to your preference
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt very well so there are no lumps.
- Add the milk to the beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Also add vanilla essence to the yogurt milk mixture, mix well to combine.
- Combine the yogurt milk mixture to the butter sugar mixture and mix everything well.
- Transfer the wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients mixture and mix everything until well combined to for the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a prepared greased pan and bake in the heated oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- The completed cake will be slightly golden brown on top and sides. Allow the cake to cool down before you slice and serve. Enjoy with tea or coffee or with a cup of cold milk as you like!
Hope you found this post on semolina yogurt cake recipe helpful in making easy and delicious semolina cake at home.
Last Updated on