This simple bow tie pasta recipe (farfalle pasta recipe) with marinara sauce is so easy to prepare and it is a kid friendly recipe too.
This is a very simple and basic recipe for pasta with sauce, that kids will love and easy to make and serve.
In fact, you can us almost any kind of pasta shells to make the pasta, although this bow tie (which is also known as farfalle pasta) is super cute as they look like butterflies and easy for even small kids to eat, and they probably will love this bow tie shape too.
You can make this simple pasta with sauce using other pasta types like kids favorite macaroni or any other shells you like.
I usually like to make simple pasta like this (just with sauce, without cheese) using bow tie pasta, macaroni, penne pasta etc.
See my other pasta recipes in this blog like this baked mushroom pasta recipe, Indian style masala pasta recipe with cauliflower florets, easy bell pepper pasta recipe, easy garlic parsley pasta recipe and recipe for mint pasta with fresh tomatoes.
So here is how you can easily and quickly make this bow tie pasta with marinara sauce following this simple bow tie pasta recipe with marinara sauce. I recommend using good quality marinara sauce which is healthy as well.
You can use homemade sauce as well if your kids like the homemade sauce.
I used 12 oz package of bow tie pasta, if you are using 16 oz package, slightly increase the amount of sauce as needed.
Simple Marinara Bow Tie Pasta Recipe Below
Simple Bow Tie Pasta Recipe With Marinara Sauce
- Cook pasta in a pan with enough water and salt according to the package directions. I cooked this bow tie pasta for 10 minutes until its completely cooked and tender.
- Drain the water and keep the cooked pasta in the pan itself.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pasta, mix well so that the bow ties won't stick to each other.
- Keep the pasta closed for few minutes which will make it more delicious. If you are in a hurry, you may skip this step.
- After few minutes, open the pan and gently stir the pasta using a soft spatula, a non stick spatula works better in making pasta which will reduce the breaking of any cooked pasta shells as we stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the cooked pasta in the pan, stir in low heat so the pasta will get coated with the butter. Once the pasta is nicely coated with the butter, you can stir fry the buttered pasta in low heat for about a minute which will make it more delicious.
- Add the 2 cups of marinara sauce to the buttered pasta, stir everything well to coat.
- Serve the delicious yet simple bow tie pasta with butter and sauce for a quick and easy lunch or dinner!
Hope you found this post on simple bow tie pasta with marinara sauce helpful in making easy and simple kid friendly pasta for lunch or dinner!