This easy recipe for pasta with fresh tomatoes and mint leaves has got a lot of flavor it is made without cheese.
This is so simple and easy to make and you can have a delicious vegetarian dinner or lunch easily. I used fresh mint leaves in cooking as well as garnishing this colorful pasta.
The sauce I used is marinara sauce for pasta which was great when combined with the flavor of fresh mint leaves.
I mixed the marinara sauce with chopped mint leaves and cooked the mixture for very few minutes and added a few spices, then mixed it with the cooked pasta. And it was delicious!
I used linguine pasta to make this mint pasta with fresh tomatoes. The linguine pasta, which looks much like spaghetti noodles is slightly different noodles as they are kind of flat noodles.
This lemony mint pasta using linguine pasta is delicious but you can try this recipe with any kind of pasta you like. If you are vegan, you may use any vegan noodles to make this recipe vegan.
More Pictures From The Preparation Of Mint Pasta With Tomatoes & Marinara Sauce
I have more vegetarian pasta recipes without cheese like this pasta recipe with roasted cauliflower florets and parsley pasta recipe with white garlic sauce, which are all simple and yummy pasta dishes for vegetarian lunch or dinners.
So here is how I made this mint pasta with fresh tomatoes following this easy cheese free pasta recipe from scratch using linguine pasta, fresh tomatoes, fresh mint leaves, marinara sauce etc.
Recipe For Mint Pasta With Fresh Tomatoes, Vegetarian Linguine Pasta
- Cook the pasta in enough water and salt, always follow the package instructions to cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile wash the tomatoes, chop in medium sized pieces, keep aside.
- Wash the mint leaves and keep a few fresh mint leaves for garnishing the pasta.
- Chop the remaining mint leaves and keep aside separately (keep the chopped mint leaves separate from the other mint leaves kept for garnishing)
- Drain the water and save the cooked pasta in a bowl.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of oil to the pasta and gently mix so the pasta won't stick together. Keep the cooked pasta mixed with oil, aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Saute the tomatoes for few minutes around 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the marinara sauce and simmer in low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and chopped mint leaves, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add enough salt, garlic powder, oregano powder to the mixture and cook the mixture for another 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta to this mixture of sauce we prepared and stir everything well until well combined.
- Saute the contents for another 2 minutes so the pasta will blend well with the flavors of the sauce. Switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat.
- Add the few fresh mint leaves for garnishing, serve hot for lunch, brunch or dinner!
Hope you found this post on recipe for mint pasta with tomatoes helpful!