This dense, super moist chocolate banana bread recipe from scratch gives you a rich, very moist chocolate banana bread which can be enjoyed for breakfast or enjoy it as a snack with coffee, tea or milk.
This eggless super moist chocolate banana bread recipe is for chocolate lovers and you can use either regular cocoa powder or use dark cocoa powder depending on how much chocolate flavor you need.
I used special dark Dutch cocoa powder which gave this rich color and chocolate flavor, but you can use other varieties of cocoa powders as well.
I made this super moist chocolate banana bread without chocolate chips, but it definitely wouldn’t hurt to add some semisweet chocolate chips to the batter if you would like to add a few.
Once you make the batter, just fold in some chocolate chips by gently mixing in and after you pour the batter to the baking pan, you may top the bread batter by sprinkling a few chocolate chips if you wish.
I also didn’t use sour cream in this chocolate bread recipe, so the moistness of the chocolate bread is coming from very ripe bananas and pure applesauce which I added to the batter, which makes this chocolate bread yummy, soft and super moist.
The addition of vanilla extract and cinnamon powder adds more flavor to the chocolate bread.
As this is a bread recipe, it is not too much sweet like a cake, but if you wish to have more sweetness for this chocolate bread, feel free to add a little more sugar according to your preference.
I referred to the chocolate bread recipe from here, which I modified based on my preference.
So here is how you can make this super moist chocolate banana bread following this super moist banana bread recipe from scratch.
Super Moist Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe From Scratch
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and whisk everything well to combine together.
- In a third bowl, mash the ripe bananas very well (if you prefer banana chunks, its fine to leave some).
- Add applesauce to the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Transfer the banana applesauce mixture to the butter sugar mixture and mix everything well until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture of wet ingredients to the dry flour mixture and mix well to combine all ingredients together, you can use a balloon whisk to do the job easily and perfectly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan with oil and transfer the bread batter to the greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the extra cinnamon powder on top of the bread batter almost evenly.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool down before you slice and serve!Enjoy the sliced super moist chocolate banana bread with coffee, tea or milk!
Hope you found this post on super moist chocolate banana bread recipe helpful in making easy and yummy moist chocolate banana bread!