This chocolate flavored oatmeal recipe using oatmeal, chocolate horlicks and a few other ingredients is an easy to make (bake) kid friendly oatmeal dessert recipe for breakfast or snack.
Chocolate flavored baked oats recipe made with chocolate horlicks and oatmeal tastes too delicious, and it is a quick fix kid friendly recipe. Baked oats recipes save a ton of time as you can make them ahead and use the left overs. They also make great after school snacks for kids.
I have a few baked oatmeal recipes in my blog, most of which are healthy baked oatmeal recipes which you can enjoy for breakfast or as snack. See all baked oatmeal recipes in this blog here.
Although oats is healthy, this baked oats recipe uses sugar for sweetening and so it is more kind of a delicious snacks made with the goodness of oats and horlicks. If you are not familiar with horlicks, it is a malt based drink which comes in many flavors.
The chocolate horlicks I have used for this recipe uses chocolate horlicks for kids, as I made this for my kids.
Here is how you can make this chocolate flavored oatmeal for dessert following this easy chocolate flavored oatmeal recipe which is sure to please the kids and adults alike.
Chocolate Flavored Oatmeal Recipe
- Oats 1.5 cups
- Whole Milk 2 cups
- Sugar ½ Cup (reduce the sugar if you prefer less sweetness)
- Chocolate Horlicks Powder 2 tablespoons
- Ghee or melted butter 2 tablespoons plus as needed for greasing the baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, add oats, sugar and Horlicks powder. Gently mix.
- Add the whole milk and ghee, mix everything well.
- Grease the baking pan with ghee or melted butter and pour the ingredients to the pan.
- Bake the oats for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow the baked chocolate horlicks to cool down, enjoy the chocolate flavored oatmeal while it is still warm for best results!
Although the chocolate flavored oatmeal tastes the best while served warm, you can also store this in refrigerator for later use and enjoy this cold or chilled the next day for breakfast or snack as well.
Hope you like this post on chocolate flavored oatmeal recipe!