Oven baked chocolate flavored oatmeal using oatmeal, chocolate horlicks (chocolate flavored malted drink) and a few other ingredients is an easy to make, kid friendly oatmeal dessert perfect for breakfast or snack.
Chocolate flavored baked oats recipe made with chocolate horlicks and oatmeal tastes too delicious, and it is a quick fix kid friendly recipe.
Baked oats recipes save a ton of time as you can make them ahead and use the left overs.
They also make great after school snacks for kids.
More easy and delicious oatmeal recipes for breakfast include perfect oatmeal porridge on stove top, oatmeal without milk, peanut butter oatmeal, creamy banana oatmeal, blueberry oatmeal, basic microwave oatmeal, apple cinnamon oatmeal in microwave etc!
Although oats is healthy, this baked oats recipe uses pure fresh maple syrup or sugar for sweetening and so it is more kind of a delicious snacks made with the goodness of oats and horlicks.
If you are not familiar with horlicks, it is a malt based drink which comes in many flavors.
The chocolate horlicks I have used for this recipe uses chocolate horlicks for kids, as I made this for my kids.
Here is how you can make this chocolate flavored oatmeal for dessert following this easy chocolate flavored oatmeal recipe which is sure to please the kids and adults alike.
How to make baked chocolate flavored oatmeal?
We use the following ingredients to make delicious, oven baked chocolate flavored oatmeal.
oats 1.5 cups
whole Milk 2 cups
pure fresh maple syrup ½ cup (or sugar, may reduce the amount of sweetener if you prefer less sweetness)
Chocolate Horlicks Powder 2 tablespoons
Ghee or melted butter 2 tablespoons plus as needed for greasing the baking pan
Step by step instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
In a mixing bowl, add oats and Horlicks powder. Gently mix.
Add the whole milk, maple syrup and melted butter or ghee, mix everything well.
Grease the baking pan with ghee or melted butter and pour the ingredients to the pan.
Bake the oats for about 30 to 35 minutes.
Allow the baked chocolate horlicks to cool down, enjoy the chocolate flavored oatmeal while it is still warm for best results!
Although the chocolate flavored oatmeal tastes the best while served warm, you can also store this in refrigerator for later use and enjoy this cold or chilled the next day for breakfast or snack as well.
Below you can get the detailed recipe for baked chocolate flavored oatmeal.
Baked Chocolate Flavored Oatmeal For Breakfast Or Dessert
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup pure fresh maple syrup or sugar, may reduce the amount sweetner if you prefer less sweetness
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Horlicks Powder (malted drink) may replace with another chocolate flavored drink powder of your choice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or ghee (plus little more for greasing the pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, add oats and Horlicks powder. Gently mix.
- Add the whole milk, maple syrup and melted butter or ghee, mix everything well.
- Grease the baking pan with ghee or melted butter and pour the ingredients to the pan.
- Bake the oats for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow the baked chocolate horlicks to cool down, enjoy the chocolate flavored oatmeal while it is still warm for best results!