Simple microwave oatmeal recipe using quick cooking one minute quaker oats or old fashioned quaker oats (or any other good quality oats) makes easy quick and simple oats in microwave for an easy and quick breakfast.
Other than having good quality oats, what you really need are good quality microwave safe bowls which can be used to make microwave oats without any mess.
The microwave oatmeal recipe is really very simple and easy to follow and flexible too, you can easily make oats porridge in microwave.
This is also a quaker oats oatmeal recipe as I am using quaker oats for the preparation of this yummy oatmeal porridge.
Microwave oatmeal recipes for breakfast make quick and easy one or two serving microwave oatmeal which are delicious as well.
You might like to check my tips on how to make oatmeal in microwave without boiling over before going to this simple basic microwave oatmeal recipe.
The most important thing you will need to make microwave oatmeal is a right sized good quality microwave safe bowl that can hold your oatmeal without boiling over.
Oats is such a versatile grain which can be easily cooked in stove top, baked in the oven and also made in the microwave for a quick and easy breakfast. You can easily tweak the oatmeal recipes based in your preferences and make unique and delicious oatmeal recipes in no time.
However you need a simple basic microwave oatmeal recipe which will help you to make delicious oatmeal in no time which can be tweaked later based on your preferences.
So here is the basic microwave oatmeal recipe with milk. As I already mentioned above this is a quaker oats oatmeal recipe as I am using quaker oats for the preparation.
I suggest using the steel cut rolled oats as this is more chewy in texture, however you may also use the quick cooking oats if that is what you have but then you may need to reduce the cooking time than mentioned in this recipe.
Also note that cooking time may slightly vary according to your microwave settings just like it may slightly vary with the type of oats you use. But it is really easy to make microwave oats once you learn the basic microwave oatmeal recipe, you can adjust the time according to what you use.
And don’t forget to check out my post on how to make oatmeal without boiling over as they are valuable tips which are essential to know to make the perfect microwave oatmeal porridge.
So here is how you can make easy oatmeal following this easy and basic microwave oatmeal recipe.
Easy Microwave Oatmeal Recipe, How To Easily Make Oatmeal In Microwave Oven
- ½ cup steel cut rolled oats
- 1 cup water or just enough to immerse the oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (sugar, honey, maple syrup etc) adjust to taste
- ¾ cup milk or more as required
- Add the oatmeal and water to a microwave safe bowl, which is large enough to hold the contents with some extra space. I suggest using a large mug, bowl or cup which will have the contents just filled up to its half.
- Add the sweetener to the bowl.
- Microwave in high for 2 minutes.
- Give a cooling time of about 1 minute and microwave again for about another 1 minutes. Now your oatmeal should be cooked nicely.
- Add the milk and mix everything together, and your microwave is ready to be enjoyed. If you wish, you can microwave the contents for another 30 seconds just to warm up everything nicely.
Hope you found this post on simple microwave oatmeal recipe for breakfast or snack helpful!