This quick easy cranberry sauce recipe is so easy and you can make yummy cranberry sauce, slightly tart and mostly sweet using fresh cranberries in very little time.
You can easily buy delicious cranberry sauce online, but you can also make yourself easy, quick, delicious and fresh cranberry sauce using fresh cranberries at your home.
I had used this quick easy cranberry sauce recipe to make easy and yummy cranberry sauce for thanksgiving dinner which was enjoyed with mostly cornbread and it was so flavorful and yummy that my kids loved it very much.
The fresh cranberries are so sour but you won’t feel any extreme sourness in this sauce, but the tartness is just enough which pairs well with the sweetness of the sugar that we add.
I used fresh cranberries for this quick easy cranberry sauce recipe. We cook the cranberries with sugar and little water to make this yummy cranberry sauce which is much like a jam in texture and taste which you can enjoy as it is or pair it with any bread you love.
If you want to enjoy fresh cranberries without adding sugar, read my post here in how to enjoy cranberries without sugar.
Cranberries, sugar and water are the basic ingredients you need to make the cranberry sauce. I once tried adding vanilla extract to the cranberry sauce but as of now, I really do not prefer the vanilla flavor in cranberry sauce so I just use the basic ingredients which taste the best.
There are other flavors that too go great with cranberry sauce, like orange juice, lemon juice etc, but my favorite recipe for cranberry sauce is plain with just cranberries, sugar and water.
I haven’t tried using dried cranberries or frozen cranberries to make this cranberry sauce, but it should be fairly easy to make cranberry sauce using dried cranberries or frozen cranberries by adjusting the cooking time and other ingredients a bit.
So here is how you can make this yummy and easy cranberry sauce with in few minutes following this quick easy cranberry sauce recipe from scratch.
Quick Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe Below
Quick Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe, How To Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce From Scratch Using Fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra sugar (this is optional, you may adjust to taste)
- Wash the cranberries and add it to a small saucepan.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water (about half of total amount of water) also to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- As the mixture starts boiling, the cranberries will burst and will soften. Add the one cup of sugar and also the remaining water to the pan, mix everything well.
- Simmer the mixture in medium heat for another 7 to 8 minutes until the cranberries are well cooked and soft and the mixture is saucy in texture. Stir the contents occasionally. If the sauce has reached your preferred consistency, you may stop cooking at this point. If you wish to soften the cranberries further, follow the below steps.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to very low and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes if needed, which will help to soften the cranberries further. I usually do this as I prefer softened cranberries.
- Open the pan, stir the contents, and cook for another 1 to 2 more minutes (keeping the pan open) or until desired consistency is reached. Make sure not to overcook the cranberries as the skin of the cranberries will get overcooked very fast, which won't taste good if you are looking for a saucy, soft texture.
- Use a spoon or ladle or potato masher to gently mash any cranberries that are not yet popped on its own. Because if the cranberries are not popped, they may taste slightly bitter in the sauce.
- Add the extra 6 tablespoons of sugar (adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference), stir the contents again so the sugar will be dissolved in the prepared sauce, switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat. Close the pan and keep it covered, serve as needed, enjoy!
Hope you found this post on quick easy cranberry sauce helpful in making easy, quick and yummy cranberry sauce using fresh cranberries from scratch.