These homemade pancakes without eggs made from scratch are fluffy, delicious and so easy to make using ground flax seeds. Also this easy egg free pancake recipe is very simple even for beginners learning to cook vegetarian food and you can make yummy pancakes from scratch!
Easy and yummy egg free pancakes can be made for breakfast, brunch, snack or dinner and as I said, we use ground flax seeds powder to make this easy homemade pancakes.
I have another post on eggless homemade pancakes where we used yogurt to replace eggs.
Here we use ground flax seeds powder to replace eggs in the pancakes recipe and this easy egg free pancake recipe is very simple to follow, you only need the extra ingredient of ground flax seeds powder.
You can also use this ground flax seeds powder in your morning cereals or porridge like oatmeal or even smoothies or milkshakes.
How To Make Pancakes Without Eggs
We use the following ingredients to make the pancakes without eggs.
flour – you can use wheat flour also, but I recommend using all purpose flour for the best texture
whole milk – may use low fat milk too
ground flax seeds
canola oil – may use any other oil that has no flavor
Steps To Follow (The Process)
- In a bowl, mix together the following dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Warm the milk a little and mix the ground flax seeds powder in it. Wait for few minutes.
- After few minutes, add the oil also to the milk and flax seeds mixture and stir the mixture very well.
- Pour this milk-flax seeds-oil mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix very well to make the pancake batter. Do not overly mix the batter but make sure there are no lumps or no dry flour left at the bottom of the bowl.
- To prepare the pancakes, heat a pan (apply oil if needed) and when it is heated, drop a spoon full of batter to the griddle.
- When bubbles appear and the bottom side is cooked, you can gently flip the pancake.
- Wait for about a minute so that the other side is also cooked.
- Similarly make all the pancakes until all of the batter is finished. Serve with pure maple syrup or fresh fruits like bananas, strawberry etc or top with whipped cream or any of your favorite toppings for pancakes, enjoy!
More Egg Substitutes For Making Pancakes
Its not just flax seeds that can make a substitute for eggs. In this recipe for pancakes without eggs, we use ground flax seeds powder to make the egg free pancakes.
However, there are more egg substitutes like the following:
- chia seeds
More Pancake Recipes (Not Eggless):
Can You Make These Eggless Pancakes Vegan?
To make this pancakes vegan, you will need to make these pancakes without milk. I recommend trying to replace the regular milk with almond milk, to make these pancakes vegan!
So here you can read the detailed eggless pancake recipe.
Pancakes Without Eggs Easy Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- salt a pinch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
To prepare the batter
- Mix together the following dry ingredients in a mixing bowl - flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Warm the milk slightly (you can microwave the milk for about 30 seconds) and mix the ground flax seeds powder in it. Let it sit for few minutes.
- Add oil to the milk and flax seeds mixture and mix well.
- Add this milk-flax seeds-oil mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix well to make the pancake batter.
To prepare the pancakes
- Apply oil and heat an iron griddle(or any non stick pan that you use), and when it is heated, drop a spoon full of batter to the griddle.
- When bubbles appear and when sides start to brown, try slowly to lift the pancake starting from the sides. If they stick, you need to wait for few more seconds before you try again. Always cook the pancakes on low heat.
- Once the pancake is flipped, wait for one more minute so that the other side is also cooked.
- Similarly you can make all pancakes. Instead you may keep the pancake batter in refrigerator for a couple of days, for later use. If keeping in refrigerator, the batter may become little thick, so you may add little water to achieve the pancake batter consistency.