This egg free light fluffy vanilla cake recipe or eggless soft vanilla cake recipe is so easy to follow and it gives you very light, spongy, fluffy and soft vanilla cake which is very yummy.
This is also an eggless vanilla cake recipe without condensed milk which you can easily prepare using fresh yogurt.
You can enjoy this soft vanilla cake for tea or coffee or you can serve this as an after school snack or dessert for dinner. This easy to make vanilla cake is very light, spongy and yummy and this cake is made without eggs or butter.
You can use all purpose flour to make this eggless vanilla cake, but using this super fine cake flour will make it even more delicious.
Here is a moist dense yellow butter cake which is another delicious treat, which you can make if you take care of a few things mentioned in the said post.
We need good quality thick yogurt to make this light and spongy vanilla cake and it turns out to be the best and easy cake which you can make in not time. I tried this cake when I had guests for tea and the cake turned out delicious and everybody loved it 🙂
So here is how you can make this soft light spongy vanilla cake following this easy vanilla cake recipe, try making this using this cake flour for best results.
Light Fluffy Vanilla Cake Recipe - Soft Vanilla Cake Recipe
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt well without any lumps.
- Add sugar to the yogurt and mix very well.
- Add vanilla extract and oil to the yogurt sugar mixture and mix everything well until well combined.
- Transfer this yogurt sugar oil mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix the batter well without any lumps. You can use a balloon whisk to mix the batter which will help you to easily mix it without forming any lumps.
- Grease a cake pan with oil and pour the batter into the cake pan. Since the cake is moist, its a good idea to line the pan with parchment paper and dust with a little flour before you pour the cake batter.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Some ovens might take little longer time.
- If the top of the cake becomes browned before the inside is baked well, you have to cover the top of the pan with aluminium foil to prevent further browning of the top side and continue to bake for the rest of the time until its done in the center.
- As soon as the cake is baked, remove the cake from the hot oven (you may use tongs), or else the cake may harden due to over baking. Allow the cake to cool down before you cut the cake!