Oatmeal without milk or any dairy products can be made easily at home for breakfast.
You can use plain water to cook the oatmeal or you can use coconut milk or almond milk or cashew milk or any other plant based ingredients to make the oatmeal.
This is a yummy vegan apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe without sugar, as we are using pure fresh maple syrup to sweeten the oatmeal and it makes a delicious breakfast or brunch perfect for any busy morning including holidays.
You can make delicious oatmeal without milk using any of the above mentioned plant based milks or just using water, fruits, nuts and maybe dried fruits like raisins, apricots, prunes, dates.
The options are many when it comes to what to add to your vegan oatmeal without milk.
Fruits like chopped apples, bananas, blueberries, peaches are all my favorites for adding to my oatmeal.
One thing I especially love to use when I make the dairy free oatmeal is pure fresh maple syrup, which not only sweetens the oatmeal, but also adds a wonderful flavor to the dairy free oatmeal.
You may also try other natural sweeteners like vegan honey, stevia or whatever sweetener you like even if it is white sugar. However white sugar do not have any specific flavor, as it is plain and only adds sweetness to the oatmeal.
I highly recommend using pure fresh maple syrup in vegan oatmeal without milk.
Another ingredient that adds much flavor to the dairy free oatmeal (other kinds of oatmeal too) is cinnamon powder. Always try to use organic ceylon cinnamon powder if you use it regularly, as it is the best!
In this oatmeal recipe without milk, I chose a combination of apples and cinnamon, which is great when paired together.
How to make oatmeal without milk in microwave
- Add oats in a bowl with one cup of water. Microwave in high power for 2 minutes .
- Add the maple syrup, cinnamon powder and ground flax seeds powder. Microwave for another 1 minute or few more extra seconds until the oatmeal is cooked.
- Stir the cooked oatmeal very well using a spoon. You may add a little extra water if needed.
- Add the chopped apples and raisins also, gently mix the contents. You may microwave the oatmeal for another 30 seconds if needed, just to warm up everything
- Give a few minutes of cool off time as the oatmeal.You can top the oatmeal with your favorite nuts (toasted nuts taste even more delicious) like sliced almonds, cashews or pecans if you wish. You can also enjoy the delicious oatmeal with maple syrup, apples, flax seed powder and raisins for breakfast, brunch, snack or dinner.
I made this oatmeal without milk in a microwave to make it easy and more quick. Just make sure you use a good quality microwave safe bowl.
I highly recommend using ceramic bowl, as plastic bowls may not hold well for long when you cook in microwave.
So here is how I made this yummy oatmeal without milk following this vegan dairy free oatmeal recipe for breakfast.
Easy Oatmeal Without Milk
- 1/2 cup oats I used steel cut rolled oats
- 1 cup water may need extra if desired
- 2 tablespoons pure fresh maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder
- 1 large apple
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds powder
- Take the oats in a bowl and add one cup of water.
- Microwave in high power for 2 minutes .
- Give a cool off time of about a minute and then add the maple syrup, cinnamon powder and ground flax seeds powder.
- Microwave for another 1 minute or few more extra seconds until the oatmeal is cooked.
- Stir the cooked oatmeal very well using a spoon. You may add a little extra water at this point and mix the contents, if the water is all absorbed.
- Chop the apple and add the apple slices to the cooked oatmeal.
- Add the raisins and gently mix the contents. You may microwave the oatmeal for another 30 seconds if you wish, just to warm up the apples and raisins together with the oatmeal.
- Give a few minutes of cool off time as the oatmeal will be too hot at this point. Serve the oatmeal while it is still warm!
Hope you found this post on oatmeal without milk helpful!
I have more recipes on oatmeal in this blog and you might like to see this easy baked vegan oatmeal recipe.
If you like to try spicy oatmeal which is also vegan, here you can find my simple recipe for spicy oatmeal soup in microwave.