Mini Cornbread Muffins With Cranberry Sauce Topping
This mini cornbread muffins with cranberry sauce topping is colorful and delicious, easy to make and kids will love them.
You can make these mini cornbread muffins with cranberry sauce topping (made using leftover cranberry sauce) for a quick snack or you can prepare this in advance and enjoy it for next day breakfast.
The delicious and colorful cranberry sauce topping is totally optional, so if you do not have cranberry sauce you can skip it too, but the addition of cranberry sauce on top add a tangy flavor to the mini muffins and add a nice, bright touch of color so you wouldn’t need any additional toppings.
We just put a little of the prepared cranberry sauce (recipe here) on top for each muffin and as the muffins get baked, sauce will get cooked again lightly forming kind of jam over the top of the muffins which look lovely and taste delicious.
You can enjoy these cornbread muffins as they are or you can enjoy them with even more cranberry sauce on the side!
I used homemade fresh cranberry sauce to use in this mini cornbread muffins. You can use any leftover cranberry sauce that you may have at home, the best being homemade fresh cranberry sauce or you may also use store bought cranberry sauce (available to buy online from here) or use any other sauce for toppings like blueberry sauce or anything that you might like. Or you can just enjoy these delicious cornbread muffins even without any toppings as they are delicious on their own.
I had the leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving which I used in this, I really loved the combination. So if you love cranberry sauce and cornbread, try this delicious mini cornbread muffins with cranberry sauce topping as it is a perfectly delicious combination.
So here is how you can make this easy and delicious cornbread muffins topped with fresh cranberry sauce following this easy homemade mini cornbread muffins bread recipe from scratch.
Homemade Mini Cornbread Muffins With Cranberry Sauce Topping Recipe Below
Mini Cornbread Muffins With Cranberry Sauce Topping, How To Make Mini Cornbread Muffins From Scratch
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce adjust as you need
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, cornmeal, baking powder and sugar until well mixed.
- In another bowl, beat the egg very well, add the softened butter and mix well.
- Also add milk and vanilla essence to the egg butter mixture, mix very well until well combined.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry flour mixture to form the batter without any lumps.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Add spoonfuls of batter (I used almost 2 teaspoons but you can use a little less also) to the mini muffin molds until the batter is all finished.
- Top the batter in each muffin mold with a little cranberry sauce. I added about 1/4 teaspoon of cranberry sauce on top of the batter in each muffin mold.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted at the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool down, enjoy while its still warm or at room temperature as you wish. You can also refrigerate the muffins for a couple of days if you like so you can enjoy them for breakfast as well.
Hope you found this post on cornbread muffins with cranberry sauce topping helpful in making easy and delicious mini cornbread muffins using cornmeal and any leftover cranberry sauce.