Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe (Without Cornstarch) – Easy homemade blueberry sauce recipe from scratch – How To Make Easy Quick Blueberry Sauce Using Fresh Blueberries
This easy homemade blueberry sauce recipe uses fresh blueberries, fresh lemon juice and vanilla extract to flavor the sauce, which can be made so quickly and easily over the stove top using a small or medium sized sauce pan and you can serve this blueberry sauce with pancakes or french toast or any dish that you wish.
You can also use this blueberry sauce to go with many blueberry dessert recipes, I actually used this blueberry sauce to make a blueberry filling for an easy and simple blueberry layered cake. See my recipe for quick and easy homemade cranberry sauce using fresh cranberries here.
The blueberry sauce recipe is very flexible and you can adjust the thickness by adjusting the amount of water used in the recipe. If you prefer even more thick blueberry sauce, you may slightly reduce the amount of water used in the recipe. You may also cook the mixture for a while longer than mentioned in the recipe to make the sauce turn more thick on its own, as we are not using any cornstarch in this recipe and the sauce needs to thicken naturally on its own while cooking.
See below popular blueberry products available to buy online.
Sweet Blueberry Jam with Stevia by Good Good – 12 oz / 330 g – Without Added Sugars – Vegan – Gluten Free – Blueberry Marmalade – Blueberry Preserves No Sugars – Diabetic JamStonewall Kitchen Jam Collections and Gift Sets – Multiple Flavors and Options (Wild Maine Blueberry, 1 Pack)Smucker’s Blueberry Preserves, 18-Ounce (Pack of 6)St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry Conserves – 10 oz – 2 PackBonne Maman Preserve, Blueberry, 13 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Lemon juice is the key ingredient to this blueberry sauce (even more than vanilla) as it blends nicely with the fresh blueberries to add much flavor and slight tartness to the sauce, which when combines with the sweetness, gives you the perfect blueberry sauce with sweet and tart flavors! So even if you skip the vanilla essence, make sure to add the lemon juice which is absolutely necessary to get the best flavor out of this fresh blueberry sauce.
So here is how you can make this easy, quick and yummy blueberry sauce following this easy homemade blueberry sauce recipe using fresh blueberry sauce and lemon juice.
Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Ingredients for easy homemade blueberry sauce recipe
- fresh blueberries 2 cups
- water 1/2 cup
- vanilla essence 2 drops
- fresh lemon juice (filtered) 2 tablespoons
- sugar 1/2 cup (increase if more sweetness needed)
Instructions for easy homemade blueberry sauce recipe
- Wash the blueberries and transfer it to a small or medium sized saucepan.
- Add the sugar and water, mix well.
- Heat the contents and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, cook the mixture in medium heat, keep stirring in between.
- Cook the mixture until most of the water content evaporates and the sauce thickens, which will take around 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring often at this point.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice, stir the contents well, switch off the stove and transfer the saucepan from the hot stove.
- Allow the sauce to cool down as the sauce thickens more as it cools down.
- This blueberry sauce with lemon juice and vanilla extract is easy to make and you can serve the sauce with pancakes, french toast etc as you wish, or you can use this blueberry sauce to add in as an ingredient in many blueberry dessert recipes!
Hope you found this post on easy homemade blueberry sauce recipe using fresh blueberries and lemon juice helpful in making easy and yummy blueberry sauce!