Vegan baked oatmeal recipe with bananas and coconut milk is yummy, easy to make and healthy too.
This makes a very healthy make ahead vegan oatmeal breakfast recipe which will also make a very good after school snack for kids as this vegan baked oatmeal recipe is kid friendly as well.
We use ripe bananas, coconut milk and pure fresh maple syrup to bake this oatmeal which is just throwing the ingredients to the baking pan, bake and enjoy!
The work involved in making baked oatmeal breakfast recipes are very little as we just mix all ingredients and bake it in the pan which will be enough for the whole family.
This baked oatmeal recipe is super easy as I would like to call this a one pot dish even though we are not using any pots, but just a baking pan to make it so you can call it a one pan dish.
If making for yourself or just one person you don’t even have to use other serving dishes, as you can just enjoy the oatmeal by spooning the dish from the baking pan itself.
The combination of bananas, coconut milk and maple syrup gives a wonderful flavor and aroma to the dish which will fill up your kitchen as it gets baked in the oven.
This is a tropical flavored oatmeal recipe as we are using bananas and coconut milk in this baked oatmeal recipe.
So here is how we can make this vegan baked oatmeal recipe using bananas and coconut milk for breakfast.
Vegan Baked Oatmeal Recipe With Bananas
- Ripe bananas 2
- steel cut rolled oatmeal 1 cup
- Pure fresh maple syrup 1/4 cup
- coconut milk 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Mash the bananas in the baking pan which you want to use for baking the oatmeal, I used my square shaped baking pan for this recipe. No need to grease the pan as we are scooping out the baked oatmeal, and we don’t want the butter flavor as this is a vegan recipe.
- When you mash the bananas, feel free to leave some chunks as they really add great flavor to the baked oatmeal.
- Add the oatmeal to the mashed bananas.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut milk.
- Mix all ingredients together until everything is well combined.
- Spread the oatmeal mixture evenly in the pan using a spoon.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top of the oatmeal starts to brown.
- Allow the baked oatmeal to cool down.
- Once the oatmeal is cooled but still warm, you can scoop out the baked oatmeal using a spoon and transfer to the serving bowls.
- Enjoy the oatmeal as it is or add you favorite toppings like more fresh fruits(maybe even more fresh sliced bananas), chopped nuts, raisins etc.
You can make this baked oatmeal at night and serve it for breakfast the next morning if you wish to wake up to an already made healthy and tasty breakfast!
If you love spicy food, here is a spicy vegan oatmeal soup recipe which is yummy and easy to make