Perfect Boiled Corn On The Cob Recipe – Simple And Easy Boiled Corn On The Cob Recipe Stove Top Method – Soft Boiled Corn On The Cob Recipe For Beginners
This perfect boiled corn on the cob recipe is so easy and you can easily make boiled corn on the cob in your stove top. The perfect boiled corn on the cob is soft, intact, flavorful and kid friendly. Even if you are a beginner in cooking and if you have never made corn of the cob before, you can try this easily.
It is not necessary to add any extra flavors or spices to the perfect boiled corn on the cob, but if you wish you can always flavor them easily with spices like ground black pepper, garlic powder or more spreadable salted butter as you want.
Corn on the cob is one of the most popular dish even served for thanksgiving and other holidays. Corn is delicious on its own with a sweet and mild texture, which even very picky eater would usually try. The bright and colorful appearance of corn make it even more appealing.
Sometimes you separate the corn kernels and separate from the cob, before you cook and eat the corn kernels but I see it more easy to remove the corn kernels once it is cooked or baked, if I need to separate them at all. Corn on the cob or an ear of the corn is corn that is intact, which is still in its cob and its cooked and eaten directly from its cob and so we do no separate the corn kernels from the cob at all. Corn dishes are very much enjoyed even for holidays and cornbread(see recipe here) which is made using yellow cornmeal(click here to buy organic gluten free cornmeal) is another popular and simple dish which is also enjoyed for holidays like thanksgiving.
Corn on the cob can be prepared in different ways and you can roast these in the oven too although the texture will be quite different than when you do it on stove top. Either way, corn on the cob is delicious on its own even without any flavoring or very little flavoring.
Perfect boiled corn on the cob makes a great addition to any vegetarian lunch or dinner party even for special occasions and holidays. This perfect boiled corn on the cob recipe is not vegan as we use milk and butter to make prepare this corn, and we really do use a good amount of butter to flavor this corn on the cob. The mixture of milk and butter that remains at the end of the preparation is so delicious to be used as a broth and you can use it in your soup recipes or any other recipes where it fits. I used the remaining milk butter mixture to cook some pasta which I baked later.
So here is how you can make perfect boiled soft and yummy corn on the cob following this perfect boiled corn on the cob recipe.
- 4 ears of corn
- butter 1 stick
- whole milk 1 cup
- water just enough to cover and cook the corn in the pot or pan
- salt as needed
- Transfer the corn to a large pot of pan (a good quality pasta pot should be fine) and add water just enough to cover the corn so the corn will be immersed in the water.
- Add the salt, one stick of butter and one cup of whole milk to the pot, mix everything well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring quite often.
- As the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer the mixture for about 6 to 8 minutes, keep stirring frequently so the mixture won't burn at the bottom of the pan. The idea is to cook the corn in the mixture of water, milk, salt and butter which will flavor the corn while its getting cooked.
- After 6 to 8 minutes of cooking the corn in the milk butter mixture, the corn is cooked and soft and so you can switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat.
- Cover the pan with lid and keep it closed for another 8 to 10 minutes so the flavors of the butter and milk will blend well with the cooked corn.
Gently transfer each of the corn ears from the pot or pan to the serving plate and serve the delicious and warm corn on the cob for dinner or lunch! If you wish you can sprinkle the corn on the cob with ground black pepper or add more butter if needed.
Hope you found this post on perfect corn on the cob recipe helpful in making easy and yummy corn on the cob on stove top.