This simple and easy pumpkin banana bread with olive oil is moist, dense and delicious.
I also added some colorful m&m candies to the batter to make it look colorful with rainbow colors, but that is totally optional, you may either add the candies if you like, or skip it or you may add semi sweet chocolate chips instead.
We use four ripe bananas to make this pumpkin banana bread so its also an easy recipe to use any leftover ripe bananas (with brown spots or speckles on the banana skins) that’s in your kitchen!
However, if you have leftover ripe bananas and also pumpkin puree at home, this pumpkin chocolate chip banana mini muffins (vegan) is another perfect treat you can make so easily which is also kid friendly and perfect for the fall season and Thanksgiving time!
I don’t enjoy overripe bananas, so I also use them to make banana bread, chocolate banana bread, banana cake, banana cookies, banana pancakes, banana crepes, banana muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins etc which are all perfect ways to use any overripe leftover bananas!
This moist, delicious pumpkin banana bread flavored with pumpkin spice and cinnamon is perfect for a snack or breakfast on those fall mornings or for for thanksgiving, as this is so kid friendly with all those colorful candies.
I used a mix of whole wheat and all purpose flour (to keep it more healthy) to make this pumpkin banana bread but you can replace it with just all purpose flour if you wish.
I used olive oil in place of butter which made it more moist and dense and also delicious as well.
The replacement of butter with olive oil and also since I used only a cup of unrefined brown sugar instead of refined white sugar, this is comparatively more healthy than the regular pumpkin bread made with white sugar and butter. So this pumpkin banana bread will also refined sugar free, if you are also skipping the candies.
Instead of brown sugar, you may also use whole coconut palm sugar which is also a natural sweetener with dark color which will be perfect for the orange hues of the colorful pumpkin bread.
As I said earlier, I used the colorful m&m candies to make it look decorative and colorful, but if you do not want it, feel free to leave out the candies or you may use semi sweet chocolate chips or chopped nuts of your choice if you like.
If you use the candies like I did, I recommend adding the candies inside the batter and not on the top (though I did it that way), because the candies will melt during the baking.
Since we use ripe bananas in this pumpkin bread, that will naturally sweeten the bread as well, so you will hardly need about a cup of brown sugar to sweeten this pumpkin bread.
So here is how you can make this colorful and delicious pumpkin banana bread following this easy recipe.
Pumpkin Banana Bread With Olive Oil, Refined Sugar Free
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs large, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup m&m candies or semi sweet chocolate chips, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl - flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and pumpkin spice and mix everything well so that the ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Beat the eggs in a different bowl and add the olive oil and vanilla extract to it, mix very well.
- Add the brown sugar also to the egg oil mixture, mix very well to combine. Keep this mixture aside.
- In a different bowl (large bowl), mash the bananas and add the pumpkin puree to the mashed bananas. Stir well to combine.
- Add the egg olive oil mixture to the pumpkin banana mixture and stir well to combine everything well.
- Add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix well to combine evenly until there is no dry flour left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer 3/4th of the batter to a prepared loaf pan and mix in the candies almost evenly (if you are using the candies, otherwise you can just add the whole batter to the pan). Then add the remaining 1/4th batter on top (to cover the candies inside the batter).
- Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the bread comes out clean. Once the bread is baked, immediately transfer the pan from the hot oven to avoid further baking and allow the bread to cool down completely before you slice and serve! I love serve the pumpkin banana bread slices with a little jam and butter on top!
Hope you found this post on easy, simple and delicious pumpkin banana bread recipe helpful in making easy and delicious homemade pumpkin banana bread!