Delicious homemade cranberry ice cream without ice cream maker (no churn recipe) from scratch is perfect for Christmas, Thanksgiving & holidays, especially if you are looking something different, unique and colorful for holiday desserts.
I used leftover fresh cranberries to make this creamy, delicious eggless cranberry ice cream from scratch, but you may also try frozen or dried cranberries (adjust the amount of cranberries as needed if using dried) and see how it turns out though I haven’t tried with them.
As you know, we can make cranberry sauce using fresh cranberries, which is one of the most popular ways to use any fresh cranberries for the holidays.
You can also make use of any small amount of leftover cranberry sauce to make these delicious cornbread mini muffins with cranberry sauce topping.
I also enjoy raw fresh cranberries sometimes, which is also very delicious!
More Ice Cream Recipes In This Blog:
How To Make Cranberry Ice Cream?
To make the cranberry ice cream from scratch at home, we use fresh cranberries in this recipe. We first prepare an easy cranberry sauce which is then used to make the cranberry ice cream.
If you are using leftover cranberry sauce to prepare the ice cream, make sure not to use any cranberry sauce with lemon juice or lime or any extra ingredients in it, since that can change the flavor of this ice cream.
For best results, I always recommend preparing fresh cranberry sauce following the recipe card here, to prepare the sauce to make this ice cream (since pre made cranberry sauces can have ingredients which we don’t want in this ice cream recipe).
Ingredients For Cranberry Ice Cream
We need the following ingredients to make the ice cream.
- cream cheese
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
Step By Step Instructions (Process To Follow)
- Chill the bowl and blades of the mixer in advance for at least 15 minutes ahead of making the ice cream.
- Transfer the washed cranberries to a sauce pan. Add water and cook in medium heat until the cranberries soften and start to pop.
- Add the sugar also and simmer until the cranberries are cooked and the mixture start to form a saucy texture.
- Stir and cook for another few more minutes to make the cranberry sauce. Allow the sauce to cool down completely.
- Once the sauce is cooled, it will thicken slightly. I measured the cranberry sauce I prepared and it was about 1 1/4 cup. Transfer the prepared cranberry sauce to a food processor along with heavy whipping cream and blend until very smooth.
to make the ice cream
- Transfer the cream cheese to the chilled bowl and beat for about one minute.
- Add the cranberry sauce & cream mixture to the whipped cream cheese and beat in high speed for about two to three minutes until soft peaks start to form.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat for another one minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat for another two to three minutes until all ingredients are well blended & creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer friendly container and freeze for about six hours! When you are ready to serve the cranberry ice cream, take the ice cream out of the freezer and leave in the refrigerator for few minutes (about 8 minutes or 10 minutes) so you can easily scoop the ice cream out from the container.
Below you can see the detailed recipe card for the homemade cranberry ice cream.
Homemade Cranberry Ice Cream Recipe From Scratch
For the sauce
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
to make the ice cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill the bowl and blades of the mixer, which you want to use to make the ice cream. The bowl and blades should be put in refrigerator at least 15 minutes ahead of making the ice cream
- Wash the cranberries and transfer to a medium sauce pan.
- Add the water and cook in medium heat until the cranberries soften and start to pop.
- Add the sugar, cook in medium heat until the cranberries are cooked and the mixture start to form a saucy texture, around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix well and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes to make the cranberry sauce. Let it cool down.
- Once the sauce is cooled, it will thicken slightly. I measured the cranberry sauce I prepared and it was about 1 1/4 cup. Transfer the cooled cranberry sauce to a food processor along with 1.5 cups of heavy whipping cream and blend the mixture until very smooth. Make sure the mixture is very creamy and smooth.
to make the ice cream
- Transfer the softened cream cheese to the chilled bowl and beat in medium speed for about a minute.
- Add the cranberry sauce heavy cream mixture to the whipped cream cheese and beat in high speed for about 2 to 3 minutes until soft peaks start to form.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat for another 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat for another 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer friendly container and freeze for about 6 hours. Before serving, if the mixture is hard, you can leave it in the kitchen counter for few minutes (about 5 minutes but you need to check in between) or leave in the refrigerator (recommended method) for about 8 to 10 minutes (check in between) so the ice cream will be soft and delicious!
See a collection of cranberry dessert recipes here.
Hope you found this post on homemade cranberry ice cream recipe helpful in making easy and delicious cranberry ice cream for holidays!
More Holiday Dessert Recipes:
- chocolate crinkle cookies for Christmas
- sugar cookies for Christmas
- easy crustless pumpkin pie
- delicious sweet potato cake with cream cheese frosting
- easy moist fruit cake recipe without alcohol
Last Updated on