This instant pot peach jam is so delicious and so easy to make at home without using pectin. We have lots of ripe, sweet and juicy peaches in Georgia, and peach jam is perfect to use the sweet ripe peaches!
This recipe works for nectarine jam as well, make sure to use ripe nectarines if you want to make nectarine jam following this recipe!
So if you have leftover fresh and sweet, ripe peaches at home, do try this peach jam, which is so delicious with morning toast for breakfast and it is so easy to make them if you have instant pot.
We only use three ingredients to make this instant pot peach jam.
The 3 ingredients that we use to make this easy instant pot peach jam are peaches, lemon juice and sugar.
The jam come together beautifully with very less efforts and I am very much convinced that instant pot is perfect to make delicious and easy homemade jams even without pectin.
I have also made instant pot mango jam (recipe here) using fresh and sweet mangoes which turned out very delicious too.
How To Make The Best Peach Jam In Instant Pot?
Make sure to use perfectly ripe and sweet peaches (of good quality) to make the peach jam for the best results.
The well ripened, sweet and juicy peaches make the best peach jam.
Although it is not very necessary to peel the peaches, I prefer peeling the peaches before making the jam for a more fine texture.
While making peach jam or any fruit jam, one common problem that can easily happen is overcooking the jam which results in hardened jam.
To avoid this, you have to stop cooking the jam before all the water content is evaporated (but most of the water need to be evaporated) and the contents are almost near to the jam consistency.
Its ideal to stop the cooking while its still slightly runny in texture, but make sure its not too runny.
The prepared jam will thicken as it sits. You will be already knowing this if you are used to making homemade jams, but I am telling this in case you are making jam for the first time.
It also helps to dissolve the sugar in the mixture, before you start cooking the contents, since it will help to prevent crystallizing the sugar which can result in hardened jam.
How To Fix An Overcooked Hardened Jam (If It Happens)
In any case, if you overcook and the jam is hardened so you can’t spread it, you may microwave the jam for a few seconds which will bring it back to the spreadable consistency.
Instead of microwaving the entire contents, just take the needed amount of jam in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for few seconds (starting at about 10 seconds) and see if the jam is soft. You may also mix very little water once you have done microwaving, and stir very well so it will be more of spreadable consistency.
I used the juice of one medium sized lemon to make this peach jam which is perfect for this instant pot peach jam recipe. You may also try lime juice instead of lemon juice if that is what you have.
Lemons and sugar are what that helps to make the perfect homemade jam that doesn’t have pectin in it, so make sure to follow the ingredients and instructions carefully to make the perfect peach jam in your instant pot.
I used 1.5 cups of sugar for this peach jam recipe, just like I used for this instant pot mango jam recipe, but you may use up to 2 cups of sugar depending on how sweet your peaches are and also how sweet you want the jam to be.
So here is how you can make this easy and delicious peach jam following this easy instant pot peach jam recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Peach Jam Recipe (Or Nectarine Jam) Below
Instant pot Peach Jam Recipe Without Pectin
- 5 medium sized peaches fresh, ripe, sweet and juicy
- 1/4 cup lemon juice filtered, from one medium sized lemon
- 1.5 cups sugar may use up to 2 cups
- Wash the peaches very well and peel them. Slice the peaches in medium or small sized pieces, discard the pits.
- Transfer the sliced peaches to the inner pot of the instant pot.
- Add the filtered lemon juice (make sure there are no seeds) and sugar to the pot, mix everything well.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position, press manual and cook in high pressure for 12 minutes. Cooking for ten to twelve minutes in high pressure will help you to cook the peaches soft so you can easily mash them to make the jam. Once the cooking is done, the pot will beep so you will have to wait until then.
- When the cooking is done and the pot beeps, press the keep warm/cancel button and wait for a natural pressure release for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the pressure is released naturally, carefully open the lid by turning the lid slowly to the venting position.
- Stir the contents and mash the contents carefully (it will be very hot at this poinusing a potato masher or a good ladle.
- Press the saute function, simmer the contents in high while you continue to mash the contents and stir the contents as needed.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes or until almost all extra water is evaporated, make sure to stir as needed so the contents won't burn at the bottom of the pot. Also do not overcook, as the jam will thicken as it cools down so its ideal to stop the cooking once its slightly thickened and the extra water is evaporated, but its still of a slightly runny consistency.
- Once done enough simmering, press the keep warm/cancel button to stop the saute function and immediately transfer the pot (carefully as its hoso it won't get cooked further. This step is very important as we do not want to overcook the contents.
- Once the jam is slightly cooled, you can transfer the jam to air tight glass jars and store refrigerated for about a week.
Hope you found this post on instant pot peach jam using fresh peaches helpful in making easy and delicious peach jam in your instant pot.