This simple and delicious vanilla cream cheese frosting recipe is an easy vanilla flavored cream cheese buttercream frosting for decorating layer cakes, cupcakes, muffins or mini muffins.
This vanilla cream cheese buttercream frosting was perfect to spread and decorate layer cakes and I used this to frost and decorate two layers of 9 inch round cakes completely with enough to fill in between the layers and decorations.
I also have this simple and delicious vanilla whipped cream frosting recipe for spreading on cakes if you like whipped cream frosting, which is very delicious for spreading on cakes though I haven’t tried it for piping and decorating cupcakes or cakes.
This vanilla cream cheese buttercream frosting has a very nice spreadable consistency and it taste delicious and you can also use this for piping as I used it for writing as well as to make some designs on the cake.
You can also use this to pipe on cupcakes or muffins using some basic frosting tips and piping bags easily.
The vanilla cream cheese frosting recipe is originally adapted from here.
The original recipe called for 3 cups of powdered sugar, which is perfect sweetness, however I have also added more powdered sugar like another extra 1/2 cup of powdered sugar which also tastes great.
I also add extra 2 tablespoons of butter also to the recipe which turned out delicious by adding more buttercream flavor. You do not have to use the extra butter if you prefer it without the extra butter (but it is very delicious!).
If you want to make an easy, delicious cream cheese spread to frost your cake, do try this recipe as it tastes delicious and it is so easy to prepare too!
This frosting has the perfect consistency and texture for frosting including piping, however you may add more powdered sugar if you want even more stiff frosting or more sweetness.
Also for the best texture, make sure to use softened cream cheese and butter, but do not let it warm further in the outside hot weather to avoid the risk of making it runny.
So here is how you can make this simple, delicious and easy vanilla cream cheese frosting following this easy vanilla cream cheese frosting recipe from scratch.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Below
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons more butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar (adjust the amount according to your preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill the bowl and mixer blades in the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes prior to making the frosting, as we need the bowl and blades to be really cold for best results.
- Once the cream cheese and butter is softened, transfer the cream cheese and butter to the chilled bowl and beat the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until the soft peaks are formed.
- Add the vanilla extract and add about one cup of powdered sugar, beat until well combined.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar little by little and beat the mixture for another couple of minutes so all ingredients are combined well and the delicious vanilla cream cheese frosting is ready to be used. Make sure to add the powdered sugar once cup at a time and as needed, as you can easily figure out how much sweetness you need for the frosting if you add the sugar little by little. Use the frosting immediately for best results. Spread the cream cheese frosting in layer cakes easily using an icing spatula or use it for piping on cupcakes or muffins as you wish.
Hope you found this post on vanilla cream cheese frosting recipe helpful in making easy and delicious cream cheese frosting for cakes or cupcakes.