Simple Whipped Cream Recipe – How To Make Basic Vanilla Whipped Cream For Cake Using Heavy Whipping Cream
This simple whipped cream recipe or basic vanilla whipped cream recipe is perfect for beginners who are looking to make a simple delicious whipped cream icing or frosting for cakes. This is a homemade whipped creamed recipe from scratch where the heavy whipping cream is used to make an easy whipped cream which is vanilla flavored.
This delicious and simple whipped cream frosting for cake can be made easily using heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar if you have an electric hand mixer at home. Without an electric hand mixer with the beaters (and whisk), I feel it is a very hard job to whip the cream to the right consistency just using the balloon whisk, even though you can do it using just a balloon whisk.
I used this vanilla whipped cream to frost the delicious, moist and dense homemade yellow cake made from scratch.
I always use the electric mix to make the whipped cream and I make this easy frosting or icing using real heavy whipping cream. You can find processed ready to use whipped cream from stores which can be easily put on top of cakes, but if you look at the ingredients mostly you can see a lot of unnecessary ingredients which are really not needed.
You need only heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to make the basic simple vanilla flavored whipped cream for cakes. And you should be able to make this in about 5 minutes using an electric mixer.
Making real heavy whipped cream for cakes using heavy whipping cream is really easy but it can look little tricky especially if you are doing for the first time. You may wonder how the liquid like thing is going to change into the delicious frosting in few minutes without doing pretty much. I know because I wondered about this always. And when I tried this for the first time, I felt desperate after two minutes of whipping without any result. In fact, I started seeing the results after about 3 minutes of whipping and the cream really changed to a wonderful frosting after about 5 minutes of whipping using the electric mixer. So you just need some patience before the heavy whipping cream turns into the beautiful heavy whipped cream for icing your perfect cakes.
I used the simple whipped cream recipe to make simple and basic vanilla whipped cream to frost a two layer homemade cake, as you see below. I used blue sugar sprinkles to make it look white and blue.
We add the powdered sugar after 2 minutes of whipping, the time when the cream really starts changing its texture, which is perfect.
If you wonder how much cream you need for frosting a cake, I would say you can make enough frosting using about 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. So here I am making the whipped cream enough for a two layered cake (two round cakes of 8*9″) and so using 4 cups of heavy whipping cream will give enough for frosting two cakes.
(if you have a single cake to frost, use just 2 cups of whipping cream and adjust the other ingredients accordingly)
So here is how you can make this simple vanilla whipped cream frosting/icing for decorating your cake following this simple whipped cream recipe.
Simple Whipped Cream Recipe
Ingredients for simple whipped cream recipe
- Chilled Heavy whipping Cream 4 Cups
- Powdered Sugar 8 teaspoons (or little more if you prefer more sweetness)
- Vanilla extract 2 teaspoons
Things You Need
- Electric Hand Mixer & a large bowl (other than spoons, measuring cups etc)
Instructions For Simple Whipped Cream Recipe Vanilla Flavored
- Refrigerate the bowls and electric mixer blades (or whisk) for at least 20 minutes before making the whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chilled heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract using a spoon.
- Mix the contents using an electric mixer, keeping the speed at maximum.
- Keep whipping for about 2 minutes until the texture starts to change.
- The texture starts to change to a little frothy by about 2 minutes, then stop the mixer and add the powdered sugar to the cream.
- Whip the contents again using the electric mixer at maximum speed for about 3 more minutes (total 5 minutes) or until the whipping cream has got the soft peaks and changed to the delicious vanilla whipped cream that is perfect for frosting the cake.
- Keep the heavy whipped cream frosting refrigerated (you can refrigerate this for about 1 to 2 days) if not using right away.
- After frosting the cake, its best to keep the cake refrigerated for best results, or the icing can melt.
This is a very simple and basic vanilla whipped cream recipe using heavy whipping cream which can be used to frost cakes. If you need to make the frosting more consistent in texture which can be used in icing bags for advanced decorations, you have to whip the cream for more time until the desired consistency is reached.
Hope you found this post on simple whipped cream recipe – basic vanilla whipped cream recipe helpful!