Carrot pancakes recipe using shredded carrots for breakfast, snack, brunch or dinner is kid friendly and easy to follow recipe which is perfect for easy homemade Easter breakfast or Easter brunch with your family or friends! It's not just for Easter, you can make these carrot pancakes for any holidays or any weekends or anytime as an easy breakfast, brunch or even snack. It is also a good, nutritious, and healthy breakfast idea for toddlers or kids if you are trying to add veggies to their morning breakfast pancakes.
Just like they are great for breakfast, you can also enjoy these pancakes for brunch or dinner with sides (like homemade hash browns or fries & eggs) as you like!
These pancakes have a very fluffy, soft & cakey texture and also, you may add a fancy cream cheese topping for these delicious carrot pancakes if you wish!
Just like the basic fluffy pancakes recipe, this carrot pancakes recipe helps you to make yummy homemade pancakes from scratch.
Carrot pancakes or carrot cake pancakes are great for holidays especially for Easter morning breakfast, Christmas etc or anytime you want to enjoy a delicious, colorful and healthy breakfast which is also kid friendly!
However they are just perfect for Easter morning breakfast just like carrot cakes are great for Easter desserts (bunnies love carrots so get ready with your favorite carrot recipes for celebrating Easter!).
I love the idea of sneaking vegetables in to pancakes for picky eaters.
Pancakes are kid friendly and also they don't need lots of sugar or sweeteners like cakes.
It is easy to prepare healthy and delicious pancakes for kids, and you can easily sneak vegetables into it.
Just grate the vegetables finely and lightly fry or saute them in butter so its easy to mix and kids will love the flavor.
You can see from the below image how the inside texture of carrot pancake looks like. They are so soft in texture and yummy and colorful too!
You can serve the pancakes with cream cheese topping or simple butter spread on it or along with sweet syrups like pure fresh maple syrup or even fresh yogurt if your kids like it that way.
How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes For Easter Breakfast Or Brunch?
We use the following ingredients to make fluffy and delicious carrot pancakes or carrot cake pancakes from scratch at home.
Ingredients To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes
1.5 cups flour - using all purpose flour gives you the best texture
2 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 cups grated or shredded carrots
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar add more if you wish
3 tablespoons butter melted
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
Steps By Step Instructions
Stir fry the grated carrots lightly in butter for a couple of minutes. Once lightly fried, add 2 teaspoons of sugar to the carrots, mix well and keep aside.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl - flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and remaining sugar.
In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk very well and also add vanilla extract, mix well to combine.
Now add this egg milk mixture to the flour slowly and form the batter without any lumps.
Finally, add the fried carrots to the batter and mix well.
To make the pancakes, heat a pan and grease with little oil or butter.
Pour one small ladle of batter on to the pan, adjust the heat from low to medium as needed.
Wait for a couple of minutes until the pancake gets cooked at the bottom or until the bubbles starts appearing on top.
Gently flip the pancake and cook on the other side too for about a minute.
Once the pancake is cooked you can remove it from the pan and transfer the cooked pancake to a serving dish.
Repeat the process to make the remaining pancakes until all the batter is finished.
Serve with cream cheese topping or maple syrup and more butter or any fruits or even savory sides as you wish!
Easy Pancake Ideas For Easy Breakfast:
Below you can read the carrot pancakes recipe in detail.
Carrot Pancakes For Easy Easter Holiday Breakfast Or Brunch
- Lightly fry or saute the grated or shredded carrots in a heated pan for 2 to 3 minutes, using butter. This will add more flavor to the carrots and will also be more easy to mix with the flour.
- Once sauteed, add 2 teaspoons of sugar to the carrots, mix well and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together - flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and remaining sugar.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk very well and also add vanilla extract, mix well to combine. Now add this egg milk mixture to the flour slowly and form the batter without any lumps.
- Add the fried carrots to the batter, mix well.
To make the pancakes
- Heat an iron griddle or non stick pan and grease well with oil or butter. Make sure you keep the stove on medium to low heat, and adjust the heat accordingly so that the pancakes won't get burnt.
- Pour 1 small ladle of batter on to the pan, you might need to slightly press the batter since it is little thick.
- Wait for the pancake to get cooked from the bottom, until the bubbles starts appearing on top.
- When the bubbles start to come on top of the pancake, gently flip the pancake, let it get cooked on the other side for about another minute. Once the pancake is cooked you can remove it from the pan and repeat the process for the next pancakes. Always adjust the heat of the stove in case the pan gets overheated.