Carrot pancakes recipe for breakfast or snack, brunch or dinner is kid friendly and easy to follow recipe.
Just like the basic fluffy pancakes recipe, this carrot pancakes recipe helps you to make yummy homemade pancakes from scratch.
Carrot pancakes are great for holidays especially for Easter morning breakfast, Christmas etc or anytime you want to enjoy a delicious, colorful and healthy breakfast which is also kid friendly!
However they are just perfect for Easter morning breakfast just like carrot cakes are great for Easter desserts (bunnies love carrots so get ready with your favorite carrot recipes for celebrating Easter!).
I love the idea of sneaking vegetables in to pancakes for picky eaters. Pancakes are kid friendly and also they don’t need lots of sugar or sweeteners like cakes. It is easy to prepare healthy and delicious pancakes for kids, and you can easily sneak vegetables into it.
Just grate the vegetables finely and lightly fry or saute them in butter so its easy to mix and kids will love the flavor.
You can see from the below image how the inside texture of carrot pancake looks like. They are so soft in texture and yummy and colorful too!
So here is how I made this delicious, easy and kid friendly pancakes following this easy carrot pancakes recipe for breakfast. You can serve the pancakes with butter spread on it or along with sweet syrups like pure fresh maple syrup or even fresh yogurt if your kids like it that way.
Easy Carrot Pancake Recipe Below
Carrot Pancakes Recipe - How To Make Carrot Pancakes At Home
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1.5 cps Grated carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar add more if you wish
- 3 tablespoons Melted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Whole milk
- Lightly fry or saute the grated carrots in a heated pan for 2 to 3 minutes, using butter. This will add more flavor to the carrots and will also be more easy to mix with the flour.
- Once sauteed, add 2 teaspoons of sugar to the carrots, mix well and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together - flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- In another bowl, beat two eggs and milk and and add this egg mixture to the flour slowly, make sure no lumps is formed when making the batter.
- Add the fried carrots to the batter, mix well.
To make the pancakes
- Heat and iron griddle or non stick pan and grease well with oil or butter. Make sure you keep the stove on medium to low heat, and adjust the heat accordingly so that the pancakes won't get burnt.
- Pour 1 small ladle of batter on to the pan, you might need to slightly press the batter since it is little thick.
- Wait for the pancake to get cooked from the bottom, until the bubbles starts appearing on top.
- When the bubbles start to come on top of the pancake, gently flip the pancake, let it get cooked on the other side for about another minute. Once the pancake is cooked you can remove it from the pan and repeat the process for the next pancakes. Always adjust the heat of the stove in case the pan gets overheated.
More Pictures From The Preparation Of Carrot Pancakes
Hope you found this post on kid friendly carrot pancakes recipe helpful!