This recipe for homemade pancakes without eggs is not vegan but this is an eggless pancake recipe which is made using yogurt or curd.
We use fresh thick yogurt to make the batter for homemade pancakes without eggs, which you can serve with spreading butter or topping with pure fresh maple syrup or honey or any sweetener or yogurt as you wish.
You can actually make homemade pancakes without eggs using many egg replacing options and here we are using fresh yogurt and also milk to replace the egg. There are vegan egg substitutes which you may try to make homemade pancakes from scratch without using eggs.
This yeast semolina pancakes recipe is another great unique and soft textured pancake recipe which you can try.
So here is how you can make this homemade pancakes without eggs which is made using yogurt & milk instead of eggs.
Recipe For Homemade Pancakes Without Eggs
- Flour 2 cups
- baking powder 2 teaspoons
- baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- sugar 3 to 4 tablespoons more or less based on your preference
- yogurt 1.5 cup
- milk 1 cup
- oil 2 tablespoons
- extra oil to grease the pan
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt until the yogurt is smooth without any lumps.
- Add milk and sugar to the yogurt and beat this mixture very well.
- Add the oil also to this yogurt milk mixture and mix everything well.
- Add the yogurt milk sugar oil mixture to the dry flour mixture and gently mix the contents together until everything is well combined. If the batter is too thick, you may add a few spoons of more milk (only if necessary).
- Heat an iron griddle or a non stick pan and grease with oil.
- Pour one small ladle of pancake batter in to the hot pan and wait for about 2 minutes or until the bottom side is cooked. You can see that bubbles are forming on top of the pancake. Always cook pancakes on low heat to medium heat and adjust the heat as needed to avoid the pancakes burning.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side too.
- Transfer the cooked hot pancake to the serving plate, and cook all pancakes the same way. Always adjust the heat as needed.
Hope you found this post on homemade pancakes without eggs helpful!