This creamy tomato pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes is very delicious and so easy to make.
I didn’t add any cheese to this as it was already creamy without cheese, but you may also add shredded cheese to this (I recommend Mexican cheese blend or cheddar) if you want to make this even more rich.
If you have cherry tomatoes, roast them in the oven for few minutes until they pop and the juice burst out, then cook the pasta (I used cellentani pasta which is also known by the name cavatappi pasta) along with some fresh or frozen peas first.
Then drain the cooked pasta, mix with pasta sauce like marinara sauce (I used store bought tomato basil pasta sauce) and also with the roasted cherry tomatoes and a little heavy cream and enjoy!
This is super easy to make and very delicious too! You can make this for a quick weeknight dinner or you can make this overnight and pack this for lunch box to school or office the next day (make sure to refrigerate overnight if you want to pack this the next day).
The best thing about this creamy tomato pasta is that it is so simple and easy to prepare and it is so delicious and healthy too!
This is a vegetarian tomato pasta recipe. If you are vegan, you may use cashew cream instead of regular heavy cream.
I used barilla cellentani pasta for this recipe, which I like very much. I have found that this pasta shape holds the shape very well during the cooking, even if you cook for a couple of minutes extra it doesn’t become mushy fast or lose its shape.
Since this holds the shape very well during cooking, I think the cellentani pasta will be very good for making pasta salads as well!
Due to the unique shape of the cellentani pasta, it won’t break easily, and it won’t get mushy with mixing too, so I like it very much in my pasta recipes!
I prepared this creamy tomato cellentani pasta in the steel dutch oven that I have and it worked really well. You can use any good pot or large saucepan that you have that you usually use for cooking pasta.
See more pasta recipes here:
- easy lasagna recipe without ricotta cheese
- no boil spaghetti bake recipe
- easy delicious bell pepper pasta recipe
- baked mushroom pasta
- parsley pasta in white garlic sauce
- masala pasta topped with roasted cauliflower florets
- spaghetti rigati with chickpeas and spinach leaves
So here is how you can make this easy, delicious creamy tomato cellentani pasta quickly at home following this easy recipe for creamy tomato pasta.
Creamy Tomato Cellentani Pasta Recipe Below
Creamy Tomato Cellentani Pasta Recipe With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 16 oz cellentani pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes may use little more if you like
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- water as needed to cook the pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt as needed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- Layer the cherry tomatoes in a single layer in a baking pan, sprinkle little salt (and also little onion powder and garlic powder if you wish).
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are roasted and starts to burst the juice out.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are roasted, keep it aside.
- Boil the pasta in enough water and salt, following the directions in the package( I also added the peas along with the pasta so it got cooked along with the pasta, but if you wish you can cook the pasta separately too.)
- Add the fresh or frozen peas also to the boiling pasta, mix well.
- Once the pasta and peas are cooked, drain the hot water and add the olive oil, mix well (adding oil to the hot pasta will help to prevent the pasta shells keeping together).
- Meanwhile, gently mash the roasted cherry tomatoes (you don't have to mash it well, just need to give a gentle press with a spoon so they remain chunky).
- Add the pasta sauce to the cooked pasta and peas, and also add the roasted cherry tomatoes and heavy cream, mix until all ingredients are combined well. Now the delicious and creamy tomato pasta is ready to be enjoyed!!
More Pictures From The Prepartion Of Creamy Tomato Cellentani Pasta Recipe With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Hope you found this post on creamy tomato cellentani pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes helpful in making easy, delicious and creamy tomato pasta.
Last Updated on