Instant pot spiced peach butter is homemade from scratch, delicious, buttery and full of flavor from ripe peaches, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.
We can easily make peach butter in the instant pot without standing near the stove for a long time and while the simmering time is slightly greater than the easy, delicious peach compote(peach sauce) or peach jam, it's still much less considering the time you need to make the peach butter in the traditional way on stove top or slow cooker.
And the peach butter is so much delicious and buttery too. Just make sure to use fresh, good quality, ripe peaches to make peach butter.
I have also made strawberry apple butter and banana apple butter in the instant pot, and they too turned out too delicious fruit butters as well!
I have also tried fruit jams like mango jam, blueberry jam, strawberry honey jam, plum jam, cinnamon applesauce etc in the instant pot and as I mentioned above I have also made instant pot peach jam & instant pot peach compote (peach sauce for cheesecakes, pancakes)!
More Peach Recipes In The Blog:
peach yogurt smoothie (peach lassi)
If you wonder what is the difference between jams and fruit butters, it is mostly in the texture.
The fruit butters mostly have a very buttery, thick spreadable texture than jams and they more often require more longer cooking time than fruit jams to achieve the smooth consistency of butter.
However, the process of making fruit butter is much easier with instant pot pressure cookers!
You can read more about the difference in jams, jellies and fruit butters here.
If you have got peaches, do try the peach jam or peach butter in the instant, which are homemade from scratch, delicious and easy to make!
Make sure to use cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and nutmeg for the best flavors for this spiced peach jam, though you may also add more flavors like ginger powder if you want it a bit spicy as well.
Peach butter is perfectly blended with the fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg which you can enjoy during fall season, winter or summer or any time of the year as long as peaches are available.
So here is how you can make instant pot peach butter following this easy recipe.
How To Make Spiced Peach Butter In Instant Pot
We need the following ingredients to make the spiced peach butter.
ripe peaches (peeled and sliced)
Steps To Follow (The Process)
Start by washing the peaches very well, then let's peel and slice the peaches (discard the pit).
Also squeeze out the juice from half of a medium sized lemon (we need two tablespoons of lemon juice), discard the seeds of the lemon if there is any in the juice.
Now add the sliced peaches, brown sugar and lemon juice to the instant pot, mix everything well.
Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook for 15 minutes.
Wait for a natural pressure release once the cooking is finished.Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid.
Mash the contents using a potato masher and add cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and nutmeg powder, mix well.
Simmer the contents for about 20 minutes as you continue to stir and mash. Once the butter consistency is almost reached, also add the real dairy butter (optional, this is just for flavor), mix well and simmer for another couple of minutes.
Once the prepared peach butter is cooled enough, then transfer it to clean, dry and air tight glass jars and store in refrigerator for a couple of weeks time!
Below you can get the recipe for peach butter in detail which you can quickly make using the instant pot pressure cooker!
Spiced Peach Butter In Instant Pot
- instant pot
- 2 cups ripe peaches peeled and sliced
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the sliced peaches to the instant pot.
- Also add brown sugar and lemon juice, mix everything well.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, the pot will beep and wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once the pressure is all released, carefully and slowly open the lid.
- Mash the contents using a potato masher (if you want a very smooth consistency for the peach butter you may also use an immersion blender to puree the contents now or you can wait until the contents are cooled enough so you can run it through a blender).
- Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder also, mix well.
- Simmer the contents (using saute function) for about 20 minutes, while you continue to stir and mash (its important to stir the contents so it won;t burn at the bottom of the pot).
- Once the butter consistency is almost reached, also add the real dairy butter (optional, this is just for flavor), mix well and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Allow the peach butter to cool down, then transfer it to clean, dry and air tight glass jars and store in refrigerator for a couple of weeks time. You can easily spread this on your toast or enjoy with waffles, pancakes etc or you may stir this into yogurt, ice creams etc as you wish.
Leave a Reply