Strawberry honey jam without pectin or refined white sugar made in instant pot pressure cooker! This strawberry jam or sstrawberry spread sweetened with honey makes an easy, quick and delicious homemade jam from scratch which is prepared using fresh strawberries, honey, lemon juice (or lime juice) and a little cornstarch.
If you like strawberry jam, do try these strawberry sauce (instant pot strawberry compote) and roasted strawberry sauce (no sugar sweetened with pure fresh maple syrup) which make great toppings for pancakes, cheesecakes etc!
It is super easy to make small batch fruit jams in instant pot pressure cooker using different varieties of fruits and you can make these fruit jams without pectin as well!
I also added vanilla extract to add more flavor to this homemade strawberry honey jam and it goes great as a jam or strawberry spread to serve with plain toast, french toast, pancakes, ice creams and more!
Strawberry Vanilla Flavored Jam Without White Sugar & Pectin
I used raw honey to make this strawberry honey jam which makes it somewhat healthier than using refined sugar, so if you are looking to make strawberry jam without white sugar, try this easy strawberry honey jam which you can make in your instant pot.
However, this instant pot strawberry jam is not necessarily sugar free or low sugar since honey is very sweet as well and also strawberry are sweet too, though they both contain natural sugars in them and using a natural sweetener like honey is a better choice than using refined sugar I believe.
Making jam in instant pot is so easy and I already made a lot of jam in my instant pots using fresh fruits like mangoes, peaches, strawberries etc.
If you like to make jam at home and have a 6 quart instant pot with you, try this easy instant pot mango jam, instant pot peach jam, watermelon jam and instant pot blueberry jam as well as well, however I used sugar in them to prepare the jams unlike this strawberry honey jam.
Also do try this easy instant pot plum jam if you have ripe plums in your plum tree if you can find them in the market before the season is over!
The difference I noticed while making instant pot jams using sugar and honey is that the jams like peach jam and mango jam made using sugar without pectin didn't need a thickener like cornstarch to come into jam consistency, but this strawberry honey jam required the addition of cornstarch to thicken up.
Since honey is a liquid sweetener, the amount of liquid is more than the sugar based jam and so you will need a little cornstarch to thicken up the jam.
Also the jams made using sugar usually have the more fruit flavor since sugar doesn't has any flavor of its own however this strawberry honey will have a slight flavor from the honey as well as soon as the jam is prepared.
However, I have noticed that, the flavor of the honey was not noticeable after a day of refrigeration, in fact, this honey strawberry jam tasted much better!
I have also added a little vanilla extract which paired well with this strawberry honey jam, you may skip the vanilla extract or use cinnamon powder if you want to try a different flavor.
So here is how you can make easy homemade strawberry honey jam using this instant pot strawberry honey jam recipe.
How To Make Instant Pot Strawberry Honey Jam
4 cups fresh strawberries sliced in halves
¾ cup raw honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice about half of a medium sized lemon squeezed and seeds removed
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Steps By Step Instructions
Transfer the washed, sliced strawberries to the instant pot.
Also add the remaining ingredients - honey, water,lemon juice and vanilla extract to the instant pot and stir everything very well so the honey is not sticking to the pot.
Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for two minutes.
Wait for a natural pressure release and once the pressure is all released, carefully and slowly open the lid.
Stir and mash the cooked strawberries gently using a potato masher. You do not need to mash the strawberries a lot at this point as we are going to simmer the contents.
Press the saute button and simmer the contents in medium heat.
Make a cornstarch mixture in a bowl using a little cornstarch and also a little liquid from the instant pot.
Once the contents in the instant pot is simmered for a couple of minutes, add the cornstarch mixture and stir well.
Mash the strawberries as you prefer and continue to simmer for another 4 minutes or until the contents have almost reached the jam consistency.
The jam thickens further as it cools down.
Once the jam is cooled enough, transfer the strawberry jam to clean and dry air tight glass jars.
You can store this small batch instant pot strawberry jam in refrigerator for a couple of weeks, since this jam is not intended for canning.
Below you can read the instant pot jam recipe using strawberries and honey in detail.
Strawberry Honey Jam Without Pectin (Instant Pot)
- instant pot
- 4 cups fresh strawberries sliced in halves
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice about half of a medium sized lemon squeezed and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the sliced strawberries to the instant pot (make sure to use fresh strawberries that are washed, trimmed the ends to discard any leaves and sliced in halves).
- Also add the honey, water,lemon juice and vanilla extract, stir everything very well so the honey is not sticking to the pot.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 2 minutes (use the manual or pressure cook button based on your instant pot model).
- Once the cooking is done, wait for a natural pressure release. Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid.
- Stir the contents very well and gently mash the cooked strawberries using a potato masher. At this point the liquid content is more so it will be not very easy to mash the strawberries much, but we can mash them more easily as we simmer the contents. Also, you do not have to mash the fruits too much, as they will break down further soon as we are going to simmer the contents.
- Using the saute function, simmer the contents in medium heat.
- Once the contents begin to boil, carefully take little of the hot liquid from the pot, transfer it to a different bowl. Add the cornstarch also to the bowl, and mix very well using a spoon. Make sure there is no lumps.
- Once the contents in the instant pot is simmered for about 2 minutes, add the cornstarch mixture also to the instant pot, stir well and mash the strawberries as you prefer and continue to simmer for another 4 minutes or until the contents have almost reached the jam consistency. Make sure not to overcook the mixture since the jam will thicken further as it cools down.
- Allow the jam to cool down slightly and transfer to cleaned, dry air tight glass jars or containers while the jam is still warm. Keep refrigerated (only for few days, I stored this in the refrigerator for about a week).