Instant pot blueberry jam without pectin is easy to make and delicious. I added vanilla extract to flavor the instant pot blueberry jam! This blueberry jam is perfect to use a spread on your morning toast, pancakes, waffles etc or mix it up with yogurt for a delicious breakfast.
Make sure to use fresh blueberries for the best jam and also make sure you are using the 1/4 cup liquid as called in the recipe (from lemon juice and water).
This a small batch blueberry jam which you can transfer to dry, clean glass jars and store in refrigerator for about two weeks of time. This jam is not meant for canning purpose.
I used a medium sized lemon to get the lemon juice but I do not recommend using more lemon juice than mentioned since the blueberries are also kind of tart in flavor.
Also I used two teaspoons of cornstarch in this instant pot blueberry jam recipe since I found it little difficult to thicken the jam without pectin or cornstarch.
I have successfully made this instant pot mango jam and instant pot peach jam without pectin or cornstarch which thickened on its own just fine, but found it difficult to do with the strawberry jam honey jam I tried and also this blueberry jam.
In the mango jam, peach jam and also strawberry jam, I have used a potato masher to mash the cooked fruit.
However in this blueberry jam I didn’t use the potato masher (as I didn’t mash the blueberries), but I just stirred the jam and the jam turned out very nice without the need to use a masher.
How To Make Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
We need the following ingredients to make this delicious berry jam:
fresh blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, water, cornstarch, vanilla extract (optional)
Steps To Follow With Process Shots
- To make the blueberry jam in the instant pot, we need fresh blueberries. Discard any spoiled ones (sometimes when you buy a box of blueberries, some of the blueberries may get spoiled a little too soon so if you have any blueberry like that just discard those ones and only use the fresh blueberries to make the jam).
- Wash all the blueberries and add the blueberries to the instant pot.
- Also add the sugar, lemon juice and water, mix everything well. When you stir, the sugar will slightly dissolve and mix with the juice from blueberries so you will have some liquid to use in the instant pot.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 2 minutes. Do a natural pressure release.
- Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid, stir the contents and add vanilla extract. Stir again and make a cornstarch mixture using little cornstarch (more explained in the recipe card on the amounts of the ingredients) and liquid from the instant pot.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, simmer the contents (using saute function) while stirring until it almost thickens to jam consistency (takes around 4 to 5 minutes).
- The delicious and easy blueberry jam can be stored in dry, clean glass jars and store up to two weeks in refrigerator. As I mentioned earlier, this is a small batch jam which is to be stored in refrigerator for a couple of weeks, this is not meant for canning.
More Instant Pot Jam Recipes Without Pectin:
So here is how you can make this easy blueberry jam in your instant pot following this easy recipe.
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam Without Pectin
- instant pot
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash the blueberries and add them to the instant pot.
- Add the sugar, mix well with the berries.
- Also add the lemon juice and water, stir well.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and press manual or pressure cook and cook in high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, press the 'keep warm/cancel' button and wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once the pressure is all naturally released, carefully open the lid by turning to the venting position.
- Add the vanilla extract also to the instant pot, stir well and begin to simmer the contents.
- Meanwhile take a little liquid from the pot and add to the cornstarch to make a mixture. Make sure there are no lumps in the cornstarch mixture.
- Add this cornstarch mixture to the instant pot, stir well and continue to simmer the contents for another (make sure to keep stirring at this point) for another 5 to 6 minutes until the jam is almost thickened to the jam consistency. Keep in mind that the jam will thicken a little more as it cools down so do not overcook the contents.
- Once the jam is cooled enough (while still warm), transfer to dry, clean glass jars and store refrigerated for up to one week.
If you want to see an awesome blueberry jam recipe on stove top without using instant pot, I recommend this recipe.
Hope you found this instant pot blueberry jam helpful in making easy and yummy jam in your instant pot using fresh blueberries.
Last Updated on