Easy Smashed Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe – Smashed Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe From Scratch
This smashed roasted red potatoes recipe is easy to make and you can have yummy roasted and smashed red potatoes for dinner in no time.
This easy smashed roasted red potatoes recipe is vegan/vegetarian recipe and you can flavor these with whatever spices you like. They are so easy to make as we don’t have to peel the potatoes, but just boil them, smash them and roast them with the spices we like!
I used spices like dried oregano leaves, minced garlic and black pepper powder but you may use whatever spices you like to flavor them with. Instead of minced garlic you can also used garlic powder which will be more easy to sprinkle on top of the smashed potatoes before you bake them. Other ideas of spices include curry powder, ginger powder, onion powder etc.
I topped these smashed roasted red potatoes with very yummy and easy garlic guacamole which is made using garlic mashed avocados. You may also top these delicious roasted, smashed and spiced red potatoes with sour cream or cheese if your not vegan or you may top them with any chutney or sauce you like.
You may also try this smashed roasted red potatoes recipe with yellow potatoes instead of red potatoes, but the cooking and baking times may vary based on the variety of the potatoes used.
If you are looking for a quick and easy potatoes recipe for dinner using red potatoes, do try this smashed roasted red potatoes recipe which will give you delicious smashed, roasted and flavored red potatoes which you can prepare so easily.
So here is how you can make this smashed roasted red potatoes following this easy smashed roasted red potatoes recipe from scratch at home.
Easy Smashed Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients for easy smashed roasted red potatoes recipe
- Red potatoes medium sized 8 to 10
- oil 2 to 3 tablespoons
- garlic powder or minced 2 teaspoons
- ground black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- salt as needed
- dried oregano leaves 2 teaspoons (optional)
Instructions for easy smashed roasted red potatoes recipe
- Wash the potatoes and boil the potatoes in a pan with enough water and salt, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes of boiling, drain the water and wait for the potatoes to cool down.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl, add the oil and enough slat, mix well with the hands to coat all the potatoes with the oil and salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large baking sheet with oil or line the sheet with non stick silicon mat or aluminium foil, arrange the potatoes in a single layer.
- Smash the potatoes gently using a potato smasher or a good quality spatula.
- Top all the smashed potatoes with garlic, enough salt and ground black pepper powder and other spices you may like.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are roasted.
- In case you want to top the potatoes with cheese (if not vegan) you can add the grated cheese now and bake for another 5 more minutes.
- Once the potatoes are transferred to a serving dish, top with dried oregano leaves(optional) and guacamole, or any sauce or sour cream if you wish, serve hot for lunch or dinner, enjoy!
Hope you found this post on smashed roasted red potatoes recipe helpful in making easy and yummy smashed roasted red potatoes for lunch, dinner or snack as you wish!