Mini banana chocolate chip muffins recipe gives you easy and quick mini banana muffins made more delicious with the addition of chocolate chips.
This mini banana chocolate chips muffins recipe is an easy way to use leftover bananas which are very ripe and browned on the skin.
For kids who love muffins for breakfast, these mini banana chocolate chips muffins are perfect! I especially love mini muffins because they are so perfect sized for kids to hold and they are easy to serve too.
I had four medium sized very ripe bananas sitting in the kitchen counter and I used all of those four ripe bananas in this mini banana chocolate chip muffins recipe.
They were medium sized bananas though, so if you are using large bananas I suggest using three of those.
I added about a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips to the muffin batter, which made it more delicious, but the muffins were not too overcrowded with the chocolate chips, it was just enough!
If you wish to add more chocolate chips, you can add a little more to make it more of chocolate flavor.
How To Make Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins In Mini Muffin Pans
I used this silicon mini muffin pans (comes with a cupcake pan) to bake the mini banana chocolate chip muffins which is just perfect for baking mini muffins.
I could just pop the muffins out of the pan with hands, as the muffins were not sticking to the muffin pan ( I didn’t grease the silicon muffin pan, still these mini muffins came out so easily!).
For this mini banana chocolate chip muffins recipe, I didn’t grease the silicon muffin pans but it may differ with different recipes.
So here is how you can make this mini banana muffins with chocolate chips following this super easy mini banana chocolate chip muffins recipe.
Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe Below
Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar very well.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and beat well until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mash the ripe bananas very well (I recommend mashing very well so that it will blend nicely with the batter).
- Add the mashed bananas to the butter sugar egg mixture and mix everything well.
- Add the banana butter mixture to the dry flour mixture and gently mix in to blend everything well. You can use a balloon whisk to mix the ingredients easily.
- Finally add the chocolate chips to the muffins batter and gently mix using a spoon to fold in the chips.
- If you are using a regular non stick mini muffin pan or silicon mini muffin pan, you don't have to grease the pan, if you are using a steel or aluminium mini muffin pans, make sure to grease the pans with cooking oil before you add the batter.
- Once the pan is ready, add the muffin batter to the muffin cups in the pan, you can fill the cups with the batter for about ¾th of the cups (if you add too much batter it may become difficult to handle later). If you are using silicon muffin pan you may need to keep the muffin pan on top of a regular cookie sheet or baking sheet to make it stay sturdy while baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Bake for about 16 minutes until the muffins are perfectly baked and very lightly browned on top. Enjoy the mini chocolate chip banana muffins for breakfast or snack as you wish!
Hope you found this post on mini banana chocolate chip muffins recipe helpful in making yummy and easy mini banana muffins with chocolate chips!