Balsamic roasted frozen brussels sprouts (or more correctly spelled as brussels sprouts) makes a quick, easy, nutritious green vegetable side dish for lunch, dinner or any meal! In this easy and quick recipe, we do not slice the brussel sprouts but just bake the whole frozen brussels sprouts in the oven to make a simple, easy dish.
You can read more about the brussels sprouts here.
roasted frozen brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar
While fresh brussels sprouts make great recipes like sauteed, fried and more, easy roasted brussels sprouts can be quickly made using frozen brussels sprouts even without thawing frozen brussels sprouts first!
Yes, these easy, quick whole roasted brussels sprouts using frozen brussels sprouts do not need slicing in halves or thawing first, which makes the preparations really easy and minimal.
Seasoning with balsamic vinegar makes this brussels sprouts a quick, easy, simple and delicious green veggie side dish!
Also try this easy balsamic roasted broccoli and cauliflower if you like the taste of seasoned veggies with balsamic vinegar!
how to cook frozen brussels sprouts?
There are different easy methods to cook frozen brussels sprouts.
You can steam them or saute them on stove top (after thawing if adding oil).
You can cook them on air fryer, you can cook them in instant pot or you can easily roast them in the oven just like we do here.
Whether using frozen or fresh, brussels sprout recipes make great side dishes for holidays or any meal including everyday dinner and lunch!
at what temperature and how long to roast frozen brussels sprouts in the oven?
In this recipe, I have set the oven temperature as 450 degree Fahrenheit and roasted (baked) the whole frozen brussels sprouts (didn't slice in halves) for about 25 to 30 minutes until they are lightly browned.
how to know when brussels sprouts are done?
Once they are well roasted, the brussels sprouts will be lightly browned on the outside, as you can see from the pictures.
Once completely done, they will be slightly crispy on the outside and will be tender inside.
So once they have these golden brown color on the outside, it means they are well roasted and done!
So here is how you can make easy, tasty and nutritious oven roasted brussels sprouts using frozen brussels sprouts!
how to roast frozen brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar in the oven?
As you know, the most important two ingredients that we use in this recipe are frozen brussels sprouts and also balsamic vinegar.
To make balsamic roasted brussels sprouts in the oven, we use the following ingredients.
ingredients to make balsamic roasted frozen brussels sprouts
- frozen brussels sprouts 24 oz (I used two 12 oz bags of frozen brussels sprouts)
- salt adjust to taste
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons
- lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- garlic powder 2 teaspoons (or use 2 to 3 cloves of fresh garlic finely minced)
- onion powder 1 teaspoon (may use 1 tablespoon dried minced onion for added flavor)
step by step instructions with photos
Step 1 - Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
Step 2 - Transfer the frozen brussels sprouts to a large bowl.
Step 3 - Add olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, onion powder and black pepper powder.
Step 4 - Using a large spoon or spatula, mix well so the brussels sprouts are evenly coated in the oil, lemon, vinegar and spices.
Step 5 - Line a large baking sheet with good quality aluminium foil and place the seasoned brussels sprouts in a single layer.
Step 6 - Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes until the brussels sprouts are browned on the outside.
Step 7 - Once they are slightly cooled, transfer the roasted brussels sprouts to a serving plate and enjoy the roasted brussels sprouts warm for best results.
You may add little more olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper etc or even red chili flakes if you like it spicy!
This easy to make, nutritious and tasty brussels sprouts makes a great vegetable side dish with lunch or dinner!
frozen vegetable & corn recipes for easy dinner side dishes:
- roasted frozen cauliflower
- curry roasted cauliflower
- roasted frozen broccoli
- roasted frozen corn
- mini corn on the cob
- instant pot frozen corn on the cob
- instant pot frozen cauliflower curry
how long do baked frozen brussels sprouts last in the fridge?
Since the brussels sprouts were already frozen, it is best to store any leftovers from the roasted brussels sprouts in refrigerator (if not eating within few hours after preparation), and enjoy the leftovers in a couple of days as they will stay fresh in the fridge for that long, if stored properly in air tight food containers.
can you freeze roasted brussels sprouts?
In this recipe, we used frozen brussels sprouts, so I do not recommend freezing the roasted brussels sprouts again for food safety reasons.
If you used fresh brussels sprouts and other fresh ingredients to make roasted brussels sprouts, you may freeze them in freezer safe containers for longer storage.
Below you can get the detailed recipe for balsamic roasted frozen brussels sprouts!
Roasted Frozen Brussels Sprouts With Balsamic Vinegar
- 24 oz frozen brussels sprouts I used two 12 oz bags of frozen brussels sprouts
- salt adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or use 2 to 3 cloves of fresh garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder may use 1 tablespoon dried minced onion for added flavor
- Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the frozen brussels sprouts to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, onion powder and black pepper powder.
- Using a large spoon or spatula, mix well so the brussels sprouts are evenly coated in the oil, lemon, vinegar and spices.
- Line a large baking sheet with good quality aluminium foil and place the seasoned brussels sprouts in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes until the brussel sprouts are browned on the outside.
- Enjoy the roasted brussels sprouts warm for best results, you may add little more lemon juice, salt, pepper etc or even red chili flakes if you like it spicy!