Homemade blueberry pancakes from scratch makes very easy and delicious pancakes for breakfast or snack. I used fresh blueberries to make these eggless blueberry pancakes, but you may also use frozen blueberries. I also used vanilla extract to add flavor to the pancakes and they were so delicious. If you are out of eggs and wants to make blueberry pancakes, do try this easy blueberry pancakes recipe using fresh blueberries to make delicious blueberry pancakes at home!
If you decide to use. frozen blueberries, thaw the blueberries first and remove any extra water content before adding the blueberries to the eggless pancake batter. However, I recommend using fresh blueberries to make these delicious homemade pancakes without eggs, for the best results and flavor!
How To Make Easy Blueberry Pancakes
This blueberry pancake recipe uses whole milk in the preparation of the batter and make sure to use good quality all purpose flour to make the best blueberry pancakes.
Since we are adding fresh blueberries, it is better to use all purpose flour as the texture of the flour is very important in holding up the egg free pancakes that also contains blueberries.
I used this unbleached all purpose flour to make these eggless blueberry pancakes.
You can make the pancakes using an iron pan or iron skillet or a regular non stick pan or you can use a pancake pan or pancake grill griddle pan if you want to make multiple pancakes together which will help to save you much time.
I adapted the eggless blueberry pancake recipe from here, and slightly modified the recipe to add more blueberries and also vanilla flavor, and the pancakes turned out very delicious.
I was initially not very sure about trying eggless pancakes with blueberries, as I thought it would be quite difficult to make these without using eggs.
I have other delicious eggless pancake recipes in this blog, like this egg free pancakes using yogurt . To see more tips on making eggless pancakes like substitutes for making pancake batter and pancakes without eggs, read this post on pancakes without eggs, where we make easy pancakes using ground flax seeds.
However, I was not sure if the pancake batter with blueberries will hold up well without using eggs due to the addition of blueberries. And I was amazed to see how they turned out to be so easy to prepare and so delicious too!
So do try the eggless blueberry pancakes if you have fresh blueberries at home and if you are out of eggs.
Ingredients To Make Blueberry Pancakes
all purpose flour
Steps To Follow (The Process)
Transfer the washed blueberries to a bowl and add one tablespoon of sugar, mix well and keep aside.
Mix the dry ingredients in another large bowl, until they are well combined (flour, baking powder and salt).
In another small bowl, mix well the butter (melted), and the remaining one tablespoon of sugar.
Also add the milk and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and mix until the wet ingredients mixture is formed.
Pour the wet ingredients mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix well without any lumps (make sure there is no dry flour left in the bowl) to form the pancake batter.
Now add the blueberries to the pancake batter and now the blueberry pancake batter is ready.
To make the blueberry pancakes, heat a nonstick pan, grease with little butter or oil if needed.
Pour a small ladle of batter to the heated pan, wait for a coupe of minutes until the pancake get cooked on the bottom side.
Gently flip the pancake and cook for another minute so the other side too will get cooked. Transfer the cooked pancake to the serving dish and similarly cook all pancakes until all the batter is finished. Serve the delicious eggless blueberry pancakes with butter or maple syrup or any topping (like fresh blueberries) as you wish.
While flipping the pancakes, even if one or two blueberries fallout its perfectly fine, you can just add them back in place once the pancakes are cooked.
In this recipe for blueberry pancakes from scratch, I mixed in the fresh blueberries with the batter and then made the pancakes. Instead, you may also do it this way – pour the pancake batter to the pan, and then top with the blueberries as you wish, and then cook as usual.
I went with the first method of mixing the blueberries with the batter, since I wanted to make them so quickly.
More Pancake Recipes:
Below you can read the recipe for homemade blueberry pancakes in detail.
Blueberry Pancakes Easy
- Wash the blueberries and transfer to a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of sugar to the blueberries, mix well and keep aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix well the melted butter, and the remaining one tablespoon of sugar.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the butter sugar milk mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix well without any lumps.
- Add the sugared blueberries to the flour mixture and mix the batter gently. Now the blueberry pancake batter is ready.
- Heat a nonstick pan or iron pan or skillet, or a pancake pan, grease with butter.
- Pour a small ladle of pancake batter to the pan, keep the heat in medium to low adjusting as needed.
- Wait for a coupe of minutes so the pancakes will get cooked on the bottom side and holes will appear on top of the pancakes.
- Gently flip the pancake and cook for another minute so the other side too will get cooked. As I mentioned earlier, even if one or two blueberries fall out of the pancake while flipping, it is totally fine as you can just fix them back once the pancake is completely cooked.
- Gently transfer the cooked pancake to the serving dish or container and cook all the pancakes the same way until all the batter is finished.
- Serve the delicious blueberry pancakes with butter or maple syrup or any topping (like fresh blueberries) as you wish.