Cinnamon toast in oven is easy to make and you can make a batch of them quickly for breakfast or snack or dessert and they make a really very easy picnic food that is also kid friendly.
The cinnamon toast recipe in oven is easy to follow and you can make them ahead like the night before for next day breakfast or for a day out like picnic.
This whole wheat french toast is another yummy kid friendly picnic food.
Cinnamon toast can be made in stove top too, which may be a more popular method, but making the toast in oven saves you time and it is very delicious too.
I used potato bread to make the cinnamon toast in oven, but you can use your favorite bread although potato bread & soft white bread would be awesome.
So here is how you can make cinnamon toast in oven following the cinnamon toast recipe in oven.
- Bread slices 6
- Butter 1 stick room temperature
- Organic cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar 6 tablespoons (more or less based on your preference)
- vanilla essence few drops
Things You Need
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Balloon Whisk & Spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter, cinnamon powder, powdered sugar & vanilla essence. You can use a spoon to mix the ingredients but using a balloon whisk will make the job easier as it will help to mix the contents without forming any lumps.
- Grease a baking sheet and arrange the bread slices in a single layer.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on to each slice, add a little more of the mixture again until the slices are will spread with the mixture.
- Set the oven to broiler.
- Bake very few minutes until the mixture on the bread slices starts bubbling and bread is lightly browned. In my oven, it took less than 4 minutes to get it done. I recommend watching this after about 2 minutes, as some ovens might be hotter and it could be done even in 2 to 3 minutes.
- Immediately take the cinnamon toasted bread slices out of the oven as more exposure to heat will cause burning of the slices.
- Serve the cinnamon toasted bread slices for breakfast or snack or as a delicious & simple dessert after dinner!
- This is a very kid friendly toast recipe and you can make this in a batch and pack this for your day outings like picnics.
Hope you found this post on cinnamon toast in oven or cinnamon toast recipe in oven helpful!