Baked cinnamon toast or cinnamon toast in oven is easy to make and you can make a batch of them quickly for breakfast or snack or dessert and they make a really very easy picnic food that is also kid friendly.
The cinnamon toast recipe in oven is easy to follow and you can make them ahead like the night before for next day breakfast or for a day out like picnic.
This whole wheat french toast is another yummy kid friendly picnic food.
Cinnamon toast can be made in stove top too, which may be a more popular method, but making the toast in oven saves you time and it is very delicious too.
I used potato bread to make the cinnamon toast, but you can use your favorite bread although potato bread & soft white bread would be awesome.
How To Make Oven Baked Cinnamon Toast
Here I will walk you through the quick steps to make oven baked cinnamon toast, if you are in a hurry. However, make sure to go through the recipe card for detailed recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, cinnamon powder, powdered sugar & vanilla essence. Grease a baking sheet and arrange the bread slices in a single layer.
- Put one tablespoon of the mixture on to each slice, add more of the mixture until the slices are spread with the mixture.
- Set the oven to broiler in a preheated oven and bake very few minutes until the mixture on the bread slices are slightly browned. Make sure to watch the bread after about 2 minutes, as some ovens might be hotter and it could be done even in 2 to 3 minutes.
Things You Need
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Balloon Whisk & Spoons
- how to toast bread without toaster
- wheat french toast
- mashed potato sandwich
- how to make sandwich without getting it soggy
- microwave cheesy sandwich
- hard boiled egg sandwich
- simple banana cheese sandwich
- easy bread omelette
So here is how you can make oven baked cinnamon toast following this easy recipe.
Oven Baked Cinnamon Toast Recipe
- 6 bread slices
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar more or less based on your preference
- vanilla essence few drops
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter, cinnamon powder, powdered sugar & vanilla essence. You can use a spoon to mix the ingredients but using a balloon whisk will make the job easier as it will help to mix the contents without forming any lumps.
- Grease a baking sheet and arrange the bread slices in a single layer.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on to each slice, add a little more of the mixture again until the slices are well spread with the mixture.
- Set the oven to broiler.
- Bake very few minutes until the mixture on the bread slices starts bubbling and bread is lightly browned. In my oven, it took less than 4 minutes to get it done. I recommend watching this after about 2 minutes, as some ovens might be hotter and it could be done even in 2 to 3 minutes.
- Immediately take the cinnamon toasted bread slices out of the oven as more exposure to heat will cause burning of the slices.
This is a very kid friendly toast recipe and you can make this in a batch and pack this for your day outings like picnics.
Hope you found this post on cinnamon toast in oven or cinnamon toast recipe in oven helpful!