This homemade blueberry crumble pie recipe from scratch or recipe of blueberry pie without a bottom crust is so easy to follow and it is simple and delicious.
This is very delicious and an easy to make blueberry dessert using fresh blueberries so quickly and easily, so it doesn’t matter much what you prefer to call it.
It is very similar to a blueberry cobbler pie as it resembles both pie and cobbler but this comes without a bottom crust so you may also call this a blueberry pie without crust or crustless blueberry pie.
However this does have a top crust which is made of flour and oatmeal which definitely resembles the texture of a crumble or crisp and this topping blends with the juicy blueberries so nicely.
The best thing about this blueberry crumble pie recipe is that even beginners can do this in a matter of few minutes and this homemade blueberry dessert is so delicious too.
In fact, you can make this simple blueberry dessert in a matter of less than an hour (not including the cooking time) which includes the preparation time and also the baking time.
This is nothing complicated, you can simply bake this as quickly as you can and it is very delicious and kid friendly. The main ingredient for this recipe, as you can see, is fresh blueberries.
Just like this easy and delicious strawberry cobbler recipe using fresh strawberries, this blueberry dessert using fresh blueberries makes a simple and yummy dessert using fresh berries.
I recommend using sweet blueberries over sour or tart flavored blueberries for the best results.
I also used little cinnamon powder to add a wonderful flavor to the homemade blueberry crumble(you can buy organic ceylon cinnamon powder here).
Nevertheless we add sugar to the blueberries, so you may also use slightly sour or tart blueberries if that is what you have.
We do not need much sugar like other desserts for example cakes. This blueberry pie without a crust makes a simple, easy and quick dessert for dinner or lunch!
So here is how you can make this easy blueberry pie without crust following this easy crustless blueberry pie recipe.
Homemade Blueberry Crumble Pie Recipe From ScratchPrint Pin Rate
For Blueberry Filling
- Fresh blueberries 3 Cups
- Sugar 3 tablespoons
- all purpose flour 3 tablespoons
- vanilla essence 2 drops
- all purpose flour 1/2 cup
- oats 1/2 cup
- sugar 1/2 cup
- cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
- butter 1/4 cup softened
- vanilla essence 2 drops
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the blueberry pie filling - fresh blueberries, sugar and flour together. Keep this aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the following ingredients for the topping - flour, oats and sugar.
- Add cinnamon powder to the flour oats and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Now add the softened butter and vanilla essence to this flour, oats, sugar mixture and mix everything well until well combined to make a crumbled topping for the blueberry pie.
- Grease a small pie pan or any baking dish with butter and layer the blueberry filling in a single layer.
- Add the topping over the blueberry filling in a single layer uniformly using a spoon, and you can gently press the mixture over the blueberries using the spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown in color.
Hope you found this post on blueberry crumble pie recipe helpful!