Recipe For Crustless Pumpkin Pie – Melts in your mouth pumpkin pie recipe without crust – How to make smooth pumpkin pie without crust
This recipe for crustless pumpkin pie is the most simple, easy and delicious pumpkin pie recipe I have ever tried till date.
This crustless pumpkin pie is super easy to make and it is very silky and smooth in texture, it literally melts in your mouth. If you are looking for a very easy and delicious pumpkin pie recipe without crust, without compromising on taste, go ahead and try this recipe for crustless pumpkin pie which is so simple, easy and very delicious too. Just make sure to follow the directions in the recipe as it is for the best results.
This recipe for crustless pumpkin pie uses evaporated milk in its preparation. I used 12 oz can of evaporated milk and also 15 oz canned pumpkin puree, the combination of which are perfect for this recipe for pumpkin pie without crust. I am not sure if you will get the same results if you change the amounts of pumpkin puree and evaporated milk, so make sure to use the right amount of ingredients for the perfect no crust pumpkin pie which is super smooth, silky in texture and delicious! You can buy 12 oz evaporated milk here.
The amount of sugar was just perfect for me, as it was not too sweet but just as needed. You may adjust the amount of sugar slightly if needed.
Also make sure to use the mentioned amount of all purpose flour ( I used this unbleached all purpose flour) and also the mentioned amount of baking powder for the perfect texture needed for this crustless pumpkin pie.
I adapted the recipe for this pumpkin pie from here, which I slightly modified based on my preferences and it turned out so perfect and delicious. I have used cinnamon powder and also pumpkin pie spice here. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can buy pumpkin pie spice here.
I didn’t use any frosting for this pumpkin pie, it was so delicious even without any cream or frosting. You can always add whipped cream once the pie is done and cooled enough.
So here is how you can make this easy, delicious and smooth pumpkin pie following this easy and simple recipe for crustless pumpkin pie.
Recipe For Crustless Pumpkin Pie - No Crust Pumpin Pie - How To Make Pumpkin Pie Without Crust
- all purpose flour 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- baking powder 1 teaspoon
- salt a pinch
- softened butter 3 tablespoons
- sugar 3/4 cup
- evaporated milk 12 oz
- pumpkin puree 15 oz
- eggs 2 large
- cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
- pumpkin pie spice 1 teaspoon
- vanilla essence few drops
- extra butter for greasing the pan
- extra cinnamon powder a pinch for sprinkling on top, this is optional
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt until well mixed.
- In another bowl beat well the butter and sugar. Add eggs to this and beat the mixture very well, the eggs should be whisked very well to blend with the butter sugar mixture.
- Add pumpkin puree and evaporated milk to the butter, sugar and egg mixture mix everything well and also add vanilla essence, stir well to mix.
- Transfer the wet ingredients mixture to the dry flour mixture slowly and mix well to combine the ingredients without forming any lumps. You can use a balloon whisk to mix it nicely.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease a pie pan with butter and transfer the pie batter to the pan. Sprinkle the extra cinnamon powder on top, if using.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, just make sure to watch after about 55 minutes of baking since oven temperatures can slightly vary for different ovens.
- Once the pie is baked, quickly transfer the pan from the oven to avoid the pie from burning.
- Allow the pie to cool down, once the pie is cooled enough, refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Slice and enjoy the chilled pumpkin pie which is delicious and smooth!
Although pumpkins are mostly available during fall season and pumpkin pies are most enjoyed for thanksgiving, you can enjoy an easy and delicious slice of homemade pumpkin pie at any time of the year :). You might also like to see other recipes like easy eggless cornbread recipe, boiled corn on the cob recipe and mini sweet corn on the cob in the oven.
Hope you found this post on recipe for crustless pumpkin pie helpful in making easy and delicious no crust pumpkin pie at home.