Instant pot applesauce no sugar recipe uses cinnamon powder and pumpkin spice to flavor the applesauce along with extra added nutmeg for added flavor.
I made this instant pot applesauce without lemon juice, lime juice or sugar or any sweetener but you may add little lemon juice if you want it slightly tangy or add sugar or brown sugar if you wish to sweeten it further.
The combination of apples and pumpkin spice is perfect for fall season and Thanksgiving dinners as well!
This instant pot applesauce is homemade from scratch and I used Fuji apples to make this applesauce because that was what I had at home.
You can use any of your favorite apples like gala, honey crisp, granny smith or any kind of apples you like or you can use a mix of different varieties of apples which will make the applesauce taste even more delicious.
This homemade instant pot applesauce is free or refined sugar and any other sweetener and the only sweetness come from the apples. If your apples are tart, you may also add sugar or brown sugar if you desire to sweeten it up a bit more!
The pumpkin spice already contains allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove as well, however I added cinnamon and nutmeg separately as well for the extra flavor.
You can adjust the flavors as you like and you may skip the nutmeg if you just want to add the pumpkin spice which have them both.
However, I recommend adding the additional cinnamon for this applesauce as the cinnamon flavor in apples is so lovely and perfect for the fall time!
I also added bay leaves and cinnamon sticks while cooking the applesauce (and removed from the pot once the cooking is done), which makes the applesauce even more flavorful and fragrant as well!
When I was making this applesauce with all these spices and flavors in the instant pot, it was so fragrant and refreshing as well!
So here is how you can make this easy and delicious homemade instant pot applesauce from scratch following this easy instant pot applesauce no sugar recipe.
Instant Pot Applesauce No Sugar Recipe Below
Instant Pot Applesauce No Sugar Recipe With Cinnamon & Pumpkin Spice
- 6 apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves optional
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg powder optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice powder
- Wash, peel and core the apples. Slice the apples in wedges or slightly thick pieces.
- Transfer the sliced apples to the instant pot.
- Also add the water, cinnamon stick and bay leaves to the instant pot.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook for 7 minutes in high pressure. Wait for a natural pressure release once the cooking is finished.
- Once the cooking is done and the pressure is all released naturally, open the pot carefully.
- Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick from the instant pot using tongs.
- Using a potato masher, gently mash the contents, the cooked apples will easily mash up as they are very soft at this time.
- Add all the spice powders - cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin spice powder, mix well and simmer for another 1 minute so the spices will blend with the applesauce. Stir and mash the applesauce as needed.
- Allow the applesauce to cool down and transfer to clean and dry glass jars. I stored this in refrigerator for one week.
Hope you found this post on instant pot applesauce recipe helpful in making easy, delicious applesauce in the instant pot.