Strawberry smoothie without banana or milk is a delicious, simple, easy and popular sweet and tangy strawberry yogurt smoothie that you can easily make at home. This is a cold drink made using the best and fresh strawberries, yogurt (curd), sugar and cardamom powder or vanilla extract (for flavor) as the main 4 ingredients .
So even if you don’t like bananas (which is a common ingredient in strawberry smoothie recipes), but want to make a strawberry smoothie without banana, try this easy, delicious strawberry yogurt smoothie no banana recipe.
We only use 4 ingredients other than water to make this Indian strawberry smoothie or strawberry lassi and its very much kid friendly as well. My kids love this strawberry lassi and they even ask me to make this!
Cardamom powder is traditionally used to flavor the strawberry lassi in India, which I love very much, but since I didn’t have cardamom powder I used vanilla extract and the vanilla flavored strawberry lassi turned out so delicious! So if you do not have cardamom powder at home also, do try this lassi recipe using vanilla extract.
The yogurt based smoothies are known as lassi in India and its one of the most popular Indian drinks served at homes and restaurants. Some recipes call for bananas or buttermilk or milk, but this is a simple strawberry yogurt smoothie or lassi without milk or bananas where only yogurt and strawberries are used as the main ingredients.
To make this strawberry yogurt smoothie healthy, you may avoid sugar or use any natural sweetener like pure honey or pure maple syrup though they may slightly later the taste of the lassi.
In India, lassi is also made of yogurt and few other ingredients without adding any fruits and its usually simply known as lassi which is very delicious as well.
Indian style lassi or smoothie is very delicious and this cold, chilled drink is perfect for summer months as well as winter months.
This strawberry lassi made using fresh strawberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla is so very delicious, colorful and pretty in light pink color! As I mentioned, you can use cardamom powder for flavoring this drink, which is the traditional way of flavoring the lassi.
I made this strawberry smoothie with yogurt, but in Indian sometimes strawberry lassi is also made using buttermilk. However make sure to use yogurt to make this strawberry lassi or strawberry smoothie for the best results.
I used chilled fresh strawberries to make this strawberry smoothie, but you may also use frozen strawberries to make this strawberry smoothie!
The best thing is that you only need very few minutes to prepare this strawberry lassi and you can adjust the flavors also based on your preference.
You may use strawberry essence or rose water instead of vanilla essence or just use cardamom powder to flavor this lassi.
Also you may slightly increase the amount of strawberries or yogurt and also adjust the sugar based on your preferences.
The strawberry lassi or strawberry yogurt smoothie is slightly tangy or sour as well as sweet in taste since the strawberries are sour and sweet and the yogurt is also sour. As I said, you may adjust the amount of sugar to adjust the sweetness to your taste.
How To Make Strawberry Smoothie Without Banana?
Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie Ingredients
- fresh strawberries
- chilled yogurt
- chilled water
- vanilla extract (or use cardamom powder for authentic taste)
You may also use 2 to 3 ice cubes if you like.
Steps To Follow (The Process)
- First, let us begin with cleaning the strawberries, which is a very easy process. You can use a strawberry huller to make the job even more easier. Otherwise simply wash the strawberries very well in fresh water and trim the ends to discard any leaves.
- Now add the washed strawberries to the blender. You can add the whole strawberries as such or slice in halves or quarters.
- Also add the remaining ingredients – yogurt, water, sugar and vanilla extract (or cardamom powder) also to the blender and blend until very smooth. Serve the lassi immediately or keep refrigerated until serving.
As I mentioned earlier, make sure to use cold ingredients to prepare the lassi, and also you may also add 2 to 3 cubes of ice if you wish to make it even more cold!
Tips To Make The Best Strawberry Smoothie Without Banana
- Make sure to fresh strawberries and also fresh ingredients like good quality yogurt to make the drink.
- Lassi tastes the best (whether its strawberry lassi or mango lassi) when its served immediately after preparation.
- But if you need to serve the lassi later, make sure to transfer the lassi to jars and store refrigerated.
- Also it is very important to use cold ingredients to make the lassi, like chilled yogurt, chilled water etc for the best results.
See all easy delicious drink recipes in this blog here.
More Strawberry Recipes In This Blog:
Below you can read the strawberry yogurt smoothie recipe in detail.
Strawberry Smoothie Without Banana
- Wash the strawberries very well and trim the ends to discard any leaves.
- Add the washed strawberries to the blender (you may slice if you find it easier to blend it that way).
- Add the remaining ingredients - yogurt, water, sugar and vanilla extract also to the blender and blend until very smooth.
- Serve the lassi immediately for best results (make sure to use cold ingredients, you may also add 2 to 3 cubes of ice if you wish).