This is my version of the best strawberry cobbler recipe ever which can be made from fresh strawberries and it is really delicious.
This is also an easy cobbler recipe which you can quickly make for Valentine’s day 2018 or just any day dinner, if you have some extra fresh strawberries.
I used fresh strawberries for this best strawberry cobbler recipe, but you can make this strawberry cobbler with frozen strawberries as well.
If you are using frozen strawberries, just thaw them in the microwave and remove the extra water before you use them in the recipe.
If there are strawberries at home, whether fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries, there wouldn’t be any short of desserts.
I adapted this delicious strawberry cobbler recipe from here, and made some slight modifications based on my preferences.
I wanted a little light crust so I reduced the flour and other ingredients, and also I reduced the sugar but you can add more if you want to.
Fresh strawberries themselves make great natural desserts, top them up with some whipped vanilla flavored cream for a delicious quick treat or chop them up into fruit salads along with other fruits and simple sugar syrup or any custard.
You can think countless ways of using extra strawberries even to include them in your breakfast like strawberry bread, strawberry pancakes or even strawberry cake.
You can make cobbler batter from this best strawberry cobbler recipe in advance and also make multiple servings of easy strawberry cobbler in microwave safe bowls.
I will explain this in another post (in fact, I prepared the strawberry cobbler the next time I had to do this which is a different story which is my next post on this).
This is one of the best cobbler recipes I ever tried myself and it is totally delicious. If you have more strawberries than the amount mentioned here, it is OK to add a bit more but don’t reduce the amount of strawberries.
So here is how you can make this easy and delicious strawberry cobbler following this best strawberry cobbler recipe using fresh strawberries.
Simple, Easy And Best Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Fresh cut strawberries 1.5 to 2 cups
- sugar for strawberries 1/4 cup
- butter 2 tablespoons
For the batter
- flour 3/4 cup
- baking powder 1.5 teaspoon
- salt a pinch
- butter at room temperature 1/2 cup
- whole milk warm 3/4 cup
- sugar 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract few drops
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Mix the strawberries with the 1/4 cup of sugar, keep this aside.
- Heat a pan, add the extra 2 tablespoons of butter and toss the strawberries in sugar for 2 to 3 minutes so the strawberries will get slightly roasted, transfer this mixture from the stove and keep aside.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together - flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat well the butter and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and mix well.
- Pour the butter sugar milk mixture to the dry flour mixture and stir gently all the ingredients until well combined.
- Now the strawberry cobbler batter is ready, let us go on to transfer the batter to the baking pan and add the strawberries to it.
- Grease a casserole dish or a cake pan ( I used a round cake pan since I don't have a casserole dish) with butter .
- Pour the batter on to the greased pan and spoon the prepared mixture of strawberries on top. You can use the spoon to slightly press the strawberries into the batter (a little).
- Bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the top looks golden brown.
I hope you found this best strawberry cobbler recipe helpful!