Eggless sugar cookies or cut out sugar cookies without eggs can be easily made, which you can frost with simple icing sugar or rainbow sprinkles. You can use cookie cutters of any kinds to cut out different shapes or you can make them round cookies. These sugar cookies are chewy and slightly dense in texture and they are delicious and easy to make! They can be made soft or crunchy and crispy based on what you prefer. We use a little extra oil and butter to make the perfect eggless sugar cookie dough to make these eggless sugar cookies.
Tips To Make Easy Eggless Sugar Cookies
It is easy to make eggless sugar cookies if you are familiar with the texture of sugar cookie dough. Our goal is to make sugar cookies without eggs, but keep in mind that even if you omit the eggs from the sugar cookies recipe, you should be making the perfect dough which will give you the perfect cookies.
I have this delicious sugar cookie recipe here which is great for making perfect sugar cookies. So once I decided to make eggless sugar cookies, I adjusted the ingredients while making sure that the texture of the cookie dough didn’t change. Also I reduced the amount of flour and other ingredients since I didn’t have to make a large batch of cookies.
If you wish to make more cookies, you can increase the amounts of the ingredients accordingly and bake in multiple batches or store the leftover cookie dough in refrigerator for later use.
Can You Make This Eggless Sugar Cookies Without Milk?
Yes, you can make these eggless sugar cookies without milk as well. In the recipe, I used 1/4 cup of milk, you may try replacing the milk with same amount of almond milk or even water but it can affect the flavor of the cookies.
Also, if you want the recipe to be totally dairy free to make it vegan, you may also replace the regular butter with vegan butter.
However, for the best flavor and texture, I recommend following the recipe exactly using milk & butter.
More Eggless Easy Dessert Recipes:
- banana chocolate chip cookies vegan recipe
- instant pot rice pudding without eggs
- eggless blueberry banana cake
- eggless vanilla custard recipe
- moist applesauce cake recipe
- fluffy vanilla cake recipe without eggs
- eggless semolina yogurt cake recipe
- eggless mango cake with semolina flour
- eggless vanilla cream cheese ice cream
- eggless cranberry ice cream recipe
- eggless mango ice cream
- eggless chocolate chip mug cake recipe
How To Make Eggless Sugar Cookies
We need the following ingredients to make sugar cookies without eggs.
- all purpose flour 1.5 cups
- baking powder 1 teaspoon
- salt a pinch
- sugar 3/4 cup
- butter 1/4 cup softened
- oil 1/4 cup (may use a little more if necessary to make the perfect cookie dough)
- whole milk 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
Steps To Follow (The Process)
- First, mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Combine softened butter and sugar until sugar is dissolved, in another bowl.
- Also add the oil, milk and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the wet ingredients mixture to the bowl containing the dry flour mixture, and mix well using your hands to form the cookie dough. In case its difficult to get the right texture and consistency needed for cookie dough, you can add a little more oil (one tablespoon at a time) and knead again to make the dough.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Add a little flour to a flat surface(where you are going to work with the cookie dough) and divide the cookie dough into two equal sections.
- Let’s start with one section of the cookie dough first. Roll the dough flat (about 1/4 inch thick) using a rolling pin and cut out any shapes using cookie cutters. If needed, you can roll the dough again and make more cookie shapes until its done.
- Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper of aluminium foil and place the cut out cookies in a single layer (you may also add colorful sprinkles to the cookies).
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about ten minutes. To make the cookies crunchy and crispy, you can bake them for a couple more minutes. Every oven is different, so you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly as needed. Once the sugar cookies are baked, immediately transfer the baked cookies from the oven to avoid over baking of the cookies (which will make them hard). Once the cookies are taken out of the oven, they will look too soft, but give enough time for the cookies to cool down and they will turn out perfect! Once the cookies are cooled completely, transfer the cookies to the cookie jars or serve them with a cup of coffee, tea or milk! Similarly make cookies from the other half of the cookie dough too.
Do You Like Your Sugar Cookies Crispy & Crunchy Or Soft?
Whether you want your cookies to be crunchy and crispy or soft, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind. To get soft cookies, do not roll the cookie dough too thin. Also you should not bake the cookies too long if you want soft cookies.
As directed in the recipe, a baking time of 10 minutes is usually enough to make soft cookies. However, once you take the cookies out of the oven, they may look too soft and you may be tempted to bake them again for more time. Patiently wait until the cookies have cooled down completely and now you can see that you have got that perfect soft cookies that you wanted!
This is because the cookies will look too soft while they are still hot and will harden further as they cool down. I have noticed that it is easy to make sugar cookies with large shapes (using large sized cookie cutters). Also the round cookies that you can easily make without any cookie cutters (by making balls which is slightly pressed by your palms) will give you soft cookies.
If you want crispy and crunchy sugar cookies, the best practice is to roll the cookie dough relatively thin and make small shapes using cookie cutters.
I have noticed that the star cookies and the moon shaped cookies that I made turned out to be more crispier in texture. Also bake them for a couple more minutes until its beginning to turn lightly brown in color around the edges, and then immediately transfer them from the oven, and allow the cookies to completely cool down to get the perfect crispy and crunchy sugar cookies.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies With Sprinkles
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies Gluten Free Recipe
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Moist Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Below you can read the eggless sugar cookies recipe in detail.
Eggless Sugar Cookies Easy Recipe
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the oil, milk and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and stir well.
- Add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry flour mixture, mix well using your hands and make a dough. If its difficult to form the cookie dough, you may add a little more oil (one tablespoon at a time) and knead again to make the dough.
- Chill the cookie dough in refrigerator for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Dust a flat surface with little flour. Divide the cookie dough into two sections.
- Take one section of the cookie dough and roll it flat (about 1/4 inch thick) using a rolling pin. Cut out any shapes using cookie cutters. To make it easier to cut the shapes, always cut near the edges so once shape is made, you can easily slide them out. Similarly cut out all cookies. Instead of using cookie cutters, you can make small balls out of the cookie dough and gently press them using your palm to make round cookies.
- Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper of aluminium foil and place the cut out cookies in a single layer, leaving a little space in between the cookies. If you wish to decorate them with colorful rainbow sprinkles, place a little sprinkle over each cookie and gently press. Make sure not to overcrowd the cookie sheet, you can always bake them in multiple batches.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 10 minutes. You may bake them for a couple of minutes more if you want them crispy. Once the sugar cookies are baked, immediately transfer the baked cookies from the oven to avoid over baking of the cookies (which will make them hard). Once you take the cookies out of the oven, they may look too soft, but will be perfect once they are cooled completely. So allow the cookies to completely cool down, then transfer the cookies to the cookie jars or serve them with a cup of coffee, tea or milk!
- Similarly make cookies from the other half of the cookie dough too. If not serving in about a day, I usually store them in the refrigerator for about a week but they usually never lasts that long!