Hot Sour Soup Recipe Using Raspberries
This raspberry fruit soup (vegetarian) is very easy to prepare, delicious and healthy too. If you want to make this soup vegan, simply replace the honey with your favorite sweetener.
- 1/2 cup Fresh raspberries
- 1 cup water or little more if needed
- salt a pinch, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice optional, use only if the raspberries are not sour enough
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice or use a pinch of paprika or black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon pure raw honey
Wash the berries thoroughly and transfer to a microwave safe bowl.
Add water and salt, mix well.
Microwave in high heat for about a minute.
Add lemon juice (if using), and ginger juice (or paprika) and gently mash the raspberries with a steel spoon. The raspberries are so delicate that you can easily mash them up using the spoon. Little chunks of raspberries and seeds are fine as they make the raspberry soup more yummy.
Microwave for another 1 minute.
Add honey to the mixture, stir the contents and microwave for another 30 seconds. The delicious hot sour raspberry soup is ready, just give a few minutes of cool off time as the soup will be too hot now. After a few minutes to cool off, serve the hot soup while it is still warm or hot enough to handle!
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 17.7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.4mg